• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Does ALSA still bus to Porto from Santiago?

jimtrabulsi

Their web sites international timetable has neither Santiago or Porto. their National timetable has Santiago as a starting point but no Porto which makes sense cause Porto is in Portigal. I know they used to bus there. Do I have to take a train? If so which one. Thanks ,Jim

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oporto Santiago Compostela 01:00 06:30 6h 30min 30.0€ 49.0€ 01/12/2011 31/03/2013 normal no ver L
Oporto Santiago Compostela 13:00 18:00 6h 00min 30.0€ 49.0€ 01/12/2011 31/12/2012 normal no ver LMXJVSD

The international part of http://www.Alsa.es lists the Santiago - Porto/Porto Airport route. Make sure you select Portugal as the destination country so that Porto appears in the city selection.

Train option is Santiago to Vigo and then the International train which runs twice a day from Vigo to Porto at approx 07:40 and 19:40. You get an hour back as you cross the border into Portugal.

Cheers
Mig

Attachments

• AlsaPorto.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,551
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, just came back from Santiago this week and can confirm alsa stil DOES run the bus between Santiago and Porto. Twice a day. Tickets can be bought in advance at the estacion de autobusses, that is approx 15 minutes walking distance from the Cathedral. I set of a friedn of mine taking the direction from Santiago to Porto and know the trip lasts 4 hours: Please note the time schedules are in LOCAL times. So do not think the trip Porto to Santiago is 5 hrs if you find a schedule, it is (just) 4 hrs.

Thanks. I plan to use this service in September.

Hola

Those planning to walk from Oporto to Santiago should note that the bus from Santiago stops at Oporto airport from which you can get the metro to Vila do Conde one of the starting points of the Camino Portuguese outside of the city. However Oporto is a very interesting city and worth a visit for those going for the first time.

John

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum