• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Drinking tonight in Santiago?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
In Santiago last month I saw this being prepared late at night complete with incantations. It was in one of the narrow, dark streets near the cathedral. Very atmospheric. Thank you mspath for the link.

Bar Retablo is the place (or at least A place). Alas, It doesn’t open until midnight. I’m afraid that’s a wee bit past my Camino passout/bed time.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In 2002, while working as a hospitalera, my Spanish co-hospie, performed quemada for pilgrims: in graveyard, at night, at cemetery next to albergue in Ponferrada. He spoke incantations, and a Catholic priest was in attendance. It was very spooky and very, very wonderful.

When you're indulging in potent stuff, orujo for example, conjuring up spirits with incantations seems superfluous.

So many factual mistakes in this article - it just makes me shaking me head ... SY

PS Queimada is NOT a historic Galician drink, it was invented in the 1950s - mas on menos ...
Hola Syb, you know journalists they never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
So many factual mistakes in this article - it just makes me shaking me head ... SY

PS Queimada is NOT a historic Galician drink, it was invented in the 1950s - mas on menos ...

Yes the Celts didn´t have Orujo because they didn't have stills to make it.
It seems that Queimada was invented in Argentina by Galician inmigrants.

I have heard of and old custom (now lost) of putting candles inside pumpkins in some parts of Galicia and/or Asturias but I don´t have enough information.
There isn´t any special name in Galician and as far as I know in Spanish for Halloween
The Galician traditidion more similar to Halloween is the Santa Compaña, but this group of living dead can walk every night of the year.

Good old Beeb. But I guess the researcher never came across Jesus Jato at Ave Fenix. They might have harvested a different interpretation of queimada than the 'wedding party' one.

I have fires to light. Happy new year everyone

The first time I walked into Jesus Jato's I was dripping wet from a passing storm and I thought I'd stumbled into a bandit lair in a Hollywood movie. They were full up so I stayed in the municipal but he did take my pack up to O'Ceb the next day.

I hear the ceremony is never to be forgotten!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jeff - you had indeed stumbled into a bandit lair from a Hollywood movie. Just a really special kind of good bandit with a soul as deep as the hills

Most read last week in this forum