• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dry winter forcasted

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

This year in Santiago we had a rainy spring and early summer, then a very dry fall. We have not had a drop of rain in more than one month, until today (it just started raining). And this week northern Spain will get rain again (I just saw the forecast).

But in the big picture, MeteoGalicia has foretasted "Dry or very dry" weather until March 2008 (was in the paper the other day). This is bad news for my neighbor that has problems getting enough grass for his sheep and his cow.... but it is goof news (I think) for pilgrims. It might lead to a better winter camino experience.

But with clear skies, the cold weather is coming. Today Santiago had a max temperature of about 12c. At my house (about 20 minutes outside of town), we had a minimum over night at -2,5c.

.. I know, this is not cold compared to Norway (I am Norwegian), but I think I am getting used to the Spanish temperatures

Buen camino,
Ivar

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Ivar - and good news indeed for us winter pilgrims. It would be good if you posted are more reports as winter progresses.

Greetings for a very cold and wet London!

John

Most read last week in this forum