• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dublin Airport Fast Track pass really fast?

snowbird

Time of past OR future Camino
2023.6-7
Camino de Santiago - French Way
We are flying to Dublin first, then transport to Bayonne by Ryanair next weekend June 18th.

There are several hours layover (8:30am - 5:00pm) , so we are planning to go to the town and have a quick tour, then go back to airport in the afternoon. There is fast track pass can be purchased.

My question is:
1. how's Dublin airport security check now? Is 2 hours enough? e.g we are back to airport at 3pm Or need to leave 3 hours.
2. Is Fast track pass really fast? if we have this pass, how much quickly to go through the security check?
3. Is it worth to purchase fast track pass?

Thanks,
Grace

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've never done the 'fast track' so can't comment on that. But the last few times I've flown from Dublin the security check has been quick. If I have to check in I like to have a 2.5 hour time frame - but I just don't like rushing. Enjoy Dublin and buen camino.

Thank you Levi for the quick answer.

Did you fly from Dublin this year?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In my view, 5pm flight time is not peak so should be not the busiest. Sometimes fast track can be sold out so get cracking if you want to be sure! Buen camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Dublin airport security fast track works very well and you won’t be delayed. However the city centre is not convenient for the airport. Take the airport bus or a taxi but make sure you allow enough time to get back to the airport from city centre.

We are flying to Dublin first, then transport to Bayonne by Ryanair next weekend June 18th.

There are several hours layover (8:30am - 5:00pm) , so we are planning to go to the town and have a quick tour, then go back to airport in the afternoon. There is fast track pass can be purchased.

My question is:
1. how's Dublin airport security check now? Is 2 hours enough? e.g we are back to airport at 3pm Or need to leave 3 hours.
2. Is Fast track pass really fast? if we have this pass, how much quickly to go through the security check?

Thanks,
Grace
I have flown thru Dublin for the Camino three times and it works well . I did arrive in Dublin tired and anxious so twice I spent the night there , took the bus into town ( 30 min) ate and relaxed & enjoyed Dublin and stayed at the airport hotel . The the next day flew to Biarritz. I arrived better rested and had time to enjoy SJPP before walking off the next day early . This first day is the most challenging so give yourself the best shot

My question is:

Thanks,
Grace
Question how are you getting from Biarritz airport to St. Jean Pied de Port?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you donalomahony!

I just found out that too and downloaded to my phone.
I am delighted to learn of this app. A bit early for me as I won't travel till next week, but useful to have. I have no idea, sorry, about the usefulness of the fast track. My nod to extras is priority and a 10kg bag on board.
It also prompted me to update my verifly profile on my phone.
Good luck with the plan, I am too much of a chicken to risk heading into town.
I would sooner find a lounge and enjoy a bit of rest - seriously - than be worrying about in and out of town and timetables. You didn't ask me though! Hope the flights go to plan, and all goes well for your camino. (Next time, if you can spare the time, try for an overnight at least...)

Question how are you getting from Biarritz airport to St. Jean Pied de Port?
After get to Biarritz Airport (8:15pm), we are going to stay at Bayonne for one night.
Next day taking the noon train to SJPP.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
thank you for everyone's reply and info.

After monitoring Dublin airport security time - it's pretty quick, normally less than 10 mins, I decided not to buy the fast track pass.

I use dublin airport a lot and always get fast pass as can never be sure of the queues in security. Just be careful going into the city as there have been protests about the refugee suitation which blocked to port tunnel and another time the approach road to the airport which caused chaos for travellers. My husband been one of the people who missed his flight as he was stuck on bus

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back