Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

COVID El Camino del Norte

Christian_swe

Camino(s) past & future
Walked el camino 2003
Will walk north rut 2019 start 29 jan
Hello
I am going to walk el camino north from Irun to Santiago then to fisterra. What about albergues and restaurants in September-October, is there any difference now during
Corona times? Is it something special to think about, is most of it open?
Thanks in advance
Christian
from Sweden

amancio

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
Santoña is having a massive spike, they are locking down the whole town as of today. Not the right time, as Tincatinker and Ivar suggest.

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Hello
I am going to walk el camino north from Irun to Santiago then to fisterra. What about albergues and restaurants in September-October, is there any difference now during
Thanks in advance
Christian
from Sweden
Since you are on the Norte now, we should probably be asking you what it is currently like there...

Texasguy

And so...we keep on walking ..
Camino(s) past & future
French Dec in 2013
Por 03- 2015
Ingles 11- 2015
French 12- 2016
Invierno Nov 2018
Kumano 2017
Hello
Thanks in advance
Christian
from Sweden
We are planning to start the week of Thanksgiving(November 20). This year, it will be The Northern Camino. As long as US citizens are able to travel to Spain, we WILL be there.
There will never be the same old "safe" Camino, things are changing constantly, and have changed. I have some US friends living in Spain, they are walking Del Norte this month, and they are finding it safe. At times challenging, but safe. Some people will need to realize, even with the vaccine, it will NEVER be, the same old Camino. There will be risks involved in any travel, it is, and it will be a personal choice.

Buen Camino!!

Texasguy

peregrina2000

Staff member
Santoña is having a massive spike, they are locking down the whole town as of today.
This is serious. No one can enter or leave for the next 15 days (with a few exceptions, but not for pilgrims!).

I looked for an English source and found this — everything it says is corroborated in the Spanish press.

Anyone out there now can forget about the nice ferry ride from Laredo. There are workarounds, but people just have to be flexible. Stay safe, peregrinos.

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Not good........................................................... :(

Stellamaris

I was supposed to start the Norte at the end of september...I have cancelled my plane tickets and I have decided to do a long distance hike here in Quebec nourrishing that part of the Camino which is inside of me. When the winds are not good we should act accordingly. The Camino has been there for many centurys and will be there for many more.

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Good idea and great attitude...

Ron Besser

Camino(s) past & future
June 2012-Ponferrada to Santiago
June 2013-Pamplona to Burgos
I was supposed to start the Norte at the end of september...I have cancelled my plane tickets and I have decided to do a long distance hike here in Quebec nourrishing that part of the Camino which is inside of me. When the winds are not good we should act accordingly. The Camino has been there for many centurys and will be there for many more.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock