• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Electrical Adaptors for Spain and Portugal

Curlygirl

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - August - September 2015
I am doing some last minute packing and I have a question about electrical adaptors. I bought a Plug adaptor kit for Europe. I believe Spain uses a type C adaptor, however my kit contains two kinds of Type C adaptors, one is 4.0mm and the other is 4.8mm. Which one is for use in Spain and Portugal? The only thing we will be plugging in is a cell phone.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
"European electrical outlets come in different sizes and shapes. On the Continent, outlets normally require a plug with two round prongs about 0.19 inch (4.8 mm) in diameter and 0.72 inch (19 mm) apart. This is known as the the Schuko plug. Outlets in Italy and Switzerland and some older hotels in other countries accept a plug with slightly smaller prongs, 0.15" (4 mm) in diameter. This is known as the Europlug. The Schuko plug looks like a Euro plug at first glance but it does not fit in these outlets. Neither plug works in Britain and Ireland."

source: http://www.enjoy-europe.com/hte/chap11/electric.htm

In summary, I think it is the 4.8mm one that you want. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum