• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

English Cinema in Santiago?

tarasis

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2019)
Portuguese (Porto) (2019)
Is there by any chance a cinema in Santiago that shows movies in the original language? Would quite like to see a couple of movies if they’re on.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Look for "Version Original" (VO) on cinema listings

As Cancelas

Cines Compostela

Original version is also typical at art cinemas - Cine Numax in Santiago. - but that's no good if you're looking for specific, recent, releases.

Centro Comercial As Cancelas
Avenida do Camiño Francés, 3
15703 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña

There is a multi-screen cinema, and I think some films are in English with Spanish subtitles.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Is there by any chance a cinema in Santiago that shows movies in the original language? Would quite like to see a couple of movies if they’re on.
Haven't a notion. What I see though, is that you have arrived. Did I miss a lot? I do hope that somehow you have had a chance to absorb the atmosphere created over the centuries along the terrain you have traipsed. History is under your feet, literally. Congrats for getting there. How did the footwear work out?

Thank you everyone! It will be nice to have an evening/afternoons entertainment where I can just switch off.

Not quite made it, in Palas de Rei eating dinner and escaping a thunderstorm. I’m due to arrive on the 8th in Santiago, it could be the 7th but I promised someone I’d walk in with them on the 8th. (I’m days behind on my blog/posts, I’m aware)

Really hating the crowds and the need (or the feel I need) to reserve beds along this stretch. Off putting. I need to take either a rest day or do 2 short days to get in step with the person. Ideally somewhere quiet & communal meal. Missed Ligonde today where I meant to stay.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ohhh Scarlet Street on the 9th sounds right up my street/alley

Centro Comercial As Cancelas
Avenida do Camiño Francés, 3
15703 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña

There is a multi-screen cinema, and I think some films are in English with Spanish subtitles.

IIRC, this cinema is adjacent to or part of the As Cancelas shopping mall. You can take the #4 bus from the center of Santiago to get there. It costs €1,00 (for the bus).

Good to know as I leave next week for five weeks in Santiago. It gives me something mindless to do, if I get so inclined... Hasn't happened yet... But there is a first-time for everything... LOL

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum