A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Podcast Episode 47 - Into the Thin

Dave

Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
Episode 47 - Into the Thin: In his upcoming pilgrim memoir, Into the Thin: A Pilgrimage Walk Across Northern Spain, author Stephen Drew narrates how he was called to the Camino Francés in the wake of a year that he characterizes as an "emotional crucifixion." In this extended discussion of his journey, Stephen speaks to companionship on the Camino, his processing of guilt, shame, and more personal tragedies than anyone should have to endure, and the insights he ultimately arrived at in Finisterre. Ultimately, it's the story of a walk through the thin places on the Camino de Santiago, a walk towards love and away from guilt and shame.

https://soundcloud.com/user-939742370%2Fepisode-47-into-the-thin

Jeff Titelius

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (León to Santiago) 2018
FANTASTIC!!!! I first of this book from Beth Jusino back in February and pre-ordered it immediately on Amazon. I can't wait to read it. Thankfully, I have this podcast to see me through the Sept 15 pub date. Thank you, Dave, for interviewing him in one of your podcasts!! Can't wait to listen!!

Yoyo

➜ I'd rather be walking ➜
Camino(s) past & future
2017: CF 800 km
2019: CF 180 km
Episode 47 - Into the Thin: In his upcoming pilgrim memoir, Into the Thin: A Pilgrimage Walk Across Northern Spain, author Stephen Drew narrates how he was called to the Camino Francés in the wake of a year that he characterizes as an "emotional crucifixion." In this extended discussion of his journey, Stephen speaks to companionship on the Camino, his processing of guilt, shame, and more personal tragedies than anyone should have to endure, and the insights he ultimately arrived at in Finisterre. Ultimately, it's the story of a walk through the thin places on the Camino de Santiago, a walk towards love and away from guilt and shame.

https://soundcloud.com/user-939742370%2Fepisode-47-into-the-thin
Thank you so much for your phantastic camino podcast series, @Dave ! They are a joy to listen to, and I do that every day while taking a brisk 90-minute walk near where I live. They make time fly! I have listened to all of them at least twice, and they are very much worth it every time. Still, it is great to see new episodes being added. So thanks again and please keep them coming!

Dave

Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
Thank you so much for your phantastic camino podcast series, @Dave ! They are a joy to listen to, and I do that every day while taking a brisk 90-minute walk near where I live. They make time fly! I have listened to all of them at least twice, and they are very much worth it every time. Still, it is great to see new episodes being added. So thanks again and please keep them coming!
Thank you, Yoyo! Such a nice post. (And you, too, Jeff!) It'll be a little while before I get back to making new episodes, though. I've been working on a big project for the last couple of months and am hoping to make a big push before I transition back to whatever school looks like this fall...

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock