• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

equipment shop in Burgos

Time of past OR future Camino
have done 4...did sjpdp to Santiago in March 2017
hi all. Am 13 days into my Camino. am in Burgos. Looking for a camping equipment shop to replace some rainwear. Any ideas? thanks John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Try this:
Base
Calle Madrid, 19

As Bradypus says above:
a very useful sporting goods shop in the newer part of town a few minutes south of the historic centre

I went there May 2016 and found not only what I needed but a well stocked outdoor pursuits shop on a par with anything I have seen near Covent Garden, London or central Wellington.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going) for the rest of your travel.

There is a large Decathlon store. It's a bit outside the city center, but there is a free bus that goes there.

To Trecile, Bradypus, mspath. Many thanks. I had moved from Burgos when I got your replies. I finally happened upon a camping equipment store this morning right on the Camino in Castrojeriz (as you exit the village on right) Charming old gentleman looked after us. Picture attached. Buen Camino and thanks again. John

Attachments

• 20170325_102430.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 17
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

That special shop in Castrojeriz is
the Bazar del Peregrino; chock full of hiking/camping necessities it is indeed run by a true gentleman.

See more here --
http://wisepilgrim.com/poi/el-bazar-del-peregrino

Most read last week in this forum