Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Father&Son Camino completed

brothersamuel

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2007, Primitivo 2023, ??? 2024
Deo gratias!
After 11,5days of walking from Villaviciosa we have reached our destination today!

IMG_1842.jpeg
We have also taken the Camino Verde route from Lugo to Sobrado, it was extremely lovely walking - and caused no issue in getting our compostellas.

Thanks to everyone here for your help and advice, I will add more details and some updates once we are home.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Deo gratias!
After 11,5days of walking from Villaviciosa we have reached our destination today!

We have also taken the Camino Verde route from Lugo to Sobrado, it was extremely lovely walking - and caused no issue in getting our compostellas.

Thanks to everyone here for your help and advice, I will add more details and some updates once we are home.
Delighted you got to Sobrado. I hope you got some good photos at the monastery.

Deo gratias!

View attachment 157940

Congratulations.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
OK, so now that we are back home, for my own record, our stages:

Day 1: Villaviciosa to Pola de Serio
Day 2: Pola de Serio to Escamplero - including a visit to Oviedo Cathedral and the Naranco churches
Day 3: Escamplero to Salas
Day 4: Salas to Campiello (with a mid-day Sunday Mass at Tineo)
Day 5: Campiello to La Mesa via (utterly beautiful) Hospitales route
Day 6: La Mesa to A Fonsagrada (the only cool day, with a bit of rain in the morning and very heavy mist)
Day 7: Fonsagrada to Castroverde
Day 8: Castroverde to Lugo (in time for the fiesta of St. Froilán)
Day 9: Lugo to Friol via the stunningly beautiful Camino Verde - especially the first part
Day 10: Friol to Sobrado
Day 11: Sobrado to O Pedrouzo (for the evening Mass at Arca/O Pino)
Day 12: O Pedrouzo to Santiago (finished there at 10 in the morning, straight for the paperwork, no queue!)

Day 13: after "finishing" the pilgrimage with the free tour to see the Portico in the afternoon a walk back to Lavacolla
Day 14: in the early AM walk from Lavacolla to the airport.

I have found the Primitivo very beautiful... we were happy about the "low pavement ratio", very few larger settlements, relative low number of other pilgrims... Indeed I liked this way so much, that it is very likely, that I will be walking the Camino Primitivo again next year with my daughter...

(to be continued...)

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back