• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Fatima to Sarria how to get there?

StefD

Time of past OR future Camino
My first camino experience
Hi,

I plan to go to Fatima before starting my camino trip at Tricastela. However, I’m struggling finding public transport from Fatima to Sarria. Anyone would have any suggestion?
Been tryinh rome2rio but the route they recommend isn’s accurate in terms of bus availability. I hope anyone could help

Thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Try rede-expressos from Fatima to Porto RENEX. The a taxi from Porto RENEX to Porto Casa da Musica. Then Flixbus or Eurolines from Porto Casa da Musica to Santiago bus station. Then Empresa Freire from Santiago bus station to Lugo bus station and then Monbus from Lugo bus station to Sarria bus station and then taxi from Sarria to Triacastela.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'd agree that probably the easiest option would be to get to Porto first, then to Santiago, then to your local destination from there. If by any chance you decide to walk the Camino from/around Fatima there are some options there: Lisbon to Porto Camino route is nearby, and there are several Fatima Caminos in the area.
Fatima Caminos map: http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas.html
List of albergues Lisbon-Santiago: http://www.vialusitana.org/caminho-portugues/albergues/ Fatima is amazing! Bom Caminho!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum