• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria (or thereabouts) how busy right now?

Curly Cath

Time of past OR future Camino
Pamplona to Santiago 2013 hiked
Planning on cycling the Portuguese route in winter
Hiya!

Walking the primitivo for the first time (it's amazing) and just arrived in Lugo. If you're in Sarria or just after (AND STAYING IN ALBERGUES) how busy is the last week on the frances right now please? Will meet it in a couple of days. Just wanting an idea of whether I should start booking if albergues are full (I know you can't book the municipals / xuntas). Cheers for live info and buen camino ! X cath

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In June I joined the Francés after being on the Primitivo. I reserved a private room at Albergue Pensión Boente in Boente. Others that I was walking stayed in the dorm section. The next day we all stayed at Albergue Rural Astrar. My little group of pilgrims were the only ones there. It's 700 meters off the Camino and very peaceful. There's a good kitchen, or owner will drive you to a restaurant or you can order pizza and he will pick it up. He also has beer and wine for sale. The next morning you don't have to backtrack to get to the Camino - there's a small road that will connect you.

I was in Sarria about a week ago. Stayed in a private albergue with 20 beds-4 people only. A friend stayed in another private albergue there the same day with 28 beds--4 people in that one too. The path out of Sarria was packed with hoards of shouting groups, blaring music. But by the first coffee stop most were getting 4-6 credentials stamped and jumping on a bus. It thinned out very quickly each day.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hiya!

Walking the primitivo for the first time (it's amazing) and just arrived in Lugo. If you're in Sarria or just after (AND STAYING IN ALBERGUES) how busy is the last week on the frances right now please? Will meet it in a couple of days. Just wanting an idea of whether I should start booking if albergues are full (I know you can't book the municipals / xuntas). Cheers for live info and buen camino ! X cath
I’m in Sarria right now. I haven’t booked anything in advance until yesterday. If you call one day ahead, you’ll be fine for sure but i have the idea that it’s not so busy that everything is full, might just take a few phonecalls to find something without prior booking. I heard from someone in santiago that it’s busy there, so better book there in advance.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hiya!

I restarted my Camino from Sarria yesterday. I havent booked anything yet. Walked in to Barbedelo last night (nice 8 bunk rooms with shower/ toilet. Today I walked 17km to Casa Banderas. I think if you stay off stage you'd be OK BUT I'm told some albergues are NOT accepting rucksacks if you havent let them know you're coming. Buen Camino.

Hiya!

For me, it was difficult. It was like rounding the corner and getting caught in a parade. It’s not so much the number of people. It’s the large groups playing their boom box for all to hear and the call-out/response groups. After walking from St. Jean, it was disappointing.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hiya!

I think it's VERY busy! At Melide and expecting it to get even busier as the Frances, Primitivo etc converge here.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back