• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Fear of heights (don't laugh- It's real!)

You are correct. One way in and in 2017 there was only one functioning bridge out.

The 'second bridge in further south' is a bridge but not across the reservoir. It doesn't help us.

At low water levels in Nov you can cross the old Roman bridge.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
@sarahmadrid thank you for starting the thread. All of my adult life UNTIL NOW I thought, maybe I'm insane for feeling that thought?/desire?/urge?! For me it has only happened when there is no rail or barrier.
@nidarosa , @lizlane , @VNwalking and everyone that I missed...THANK YOU!

EDIT: by the way, I tried to cure myself of this in my early 20's before there was exterior railing on The Leaning Tower of Pisa. I walked around the outside of every open level! I did it but, it didn't 'cure' me. Yet, I still have the desire to skydive, go figure! We humans are interesting.

Last edited:
I have recently bought some acupuncture bands that press on a point below both wrists and promised to cure motion sickness - and it did! I can now eat on the two hour pendelino train journey back from London ... has anyone tried it for the woozy/panicky feeling of acrophobia? I might bring them with me!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum