• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finisterre lodging

cwallis1

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago de Compostela (June 2013)
Hi everyone! I am currently on the Camino and am planning to stay in Finisterre for two nights at the end of my journey (July 4th and 5th). Can anyone give suggestions for inexpensive places to stay including albergue options? I have heard that I need to make a reservation due to how busy they are currently. Thanks!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hostal Finisterre is reasonably priced. There are several albergues at lower cost. The municipal albergue is very particular that guests prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they walked all the way. I found it a bit cultish -- age, haircut, appearance, etc. had to be correct. Lacking the ponytail, I headed for the hostal.

Hi, we stayed at the Hostal Mariquito or something like that, sorry can't remember the exact name. It had basic, but perfectly fine rooms, with a sea view, and cost 36 euros per night for a double room.
It's not far from the bus stop.
Helen

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, we stayed at the Hostal Mariquito or something like that, sorry can't remember the exact name. It had basic, but perfectly fine rooms, with a sea view, and cost 36 euros per night for a double room.
It's not far from the bus stop.
Helen
Hi fort view
I realise your post is from 2013 but just searching for info on hostels etc at Finisterre. Tourist office gave me a list of names but I couldn't be certain how far I'd have to go to locate it after the bus

You have painted a clearer picture for me. Thanks for input

Last year I stayed at an albergue /I think delmar It was super, new I think , a bit of a walk from bus stop but on the road beside the beach. Top sunrise pics.
Also he provided a perfect desayuno for a very reasonable amount.

Annie

Update in Hostal Mariquito in Finisterre
- I just arrived here
Good basic rooms in Hostal which is above /part of cafe mariquito

Has wi fi
Single today cost eur 25
I think double is approx e36

2 minutes from bus stop
I'm sitting in cafe looking up the street - this is Calle Santa Catalina 44
Street run adjacent to bus stop
Phn number is 981 706 817

Also , I notice on bus coming in the Albergue I mentioned using last week is 'Domar' . It's a good albergue but a wee walk from centre.

Hi, I returned from the Santiago Muxia Fisterra route on 9th October. I stayed in Do Mar and found it excellent. I had a double room as a treat for the end of my walk. It cost 35 euro. The bath was worth it and the fine sea view. There was a very nice albergue part with a spacious bunk bed room, 12 euro. The room had a full size window overlooking the sea. My room had views just over the Camino road as it turned into Fisterra so I watched pilgrims arrive. It is about 6/8 mins to bus stop. The girls at reception were very helpful with placers they recommended to eat at. They had a free computer and printer which was useful for booking return flight home. I'd recommend to stay there.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Stayed at the Hungarian Por Fin up the hill from the bus terminus. Spotlessly clean, hot showers, sheets, blankets etc. Clothes washing and drying facilities available. Well equipped kitchen. A trifle fussy but helpful hosts. Good English (and I guess Spanish and Hungarian....). Would go there again.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.