• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Camino! (Francés from Feb-Apr)

AbigailL

Time of past OR future Camino
Feb-Apr 2024
Hi y'all! After spending many nights reading everything that exists on this website, I'm finally making my own post :)

I first heard about the Camino during my first year of college -- my friend had done it the summer before, and she was constantly talking about how life-changing it was for her. Now, I just graduated college in May and I'm on the brink of (potentially) going to law school + entering the workforce like a proper adult. So of course, I figured now was as good a time as any to take off from work for 6 weeks and finally walk the Camino!

I was originally intending to walk alone, but a friend I made on a recent meditation retreat decided to join me, which is super exciting. We'll be heading out from SJPDP on Feb. 25th, and my flight back to the US is on Apr. 4th -- I wanted to give myself plenty of time for rest days and/or exploring Spain.

I'm not religious, but I'm definitely approaching this as a spiritual pilgrimage of sorts. Life as a recent college graduate is pretty scary, and my hope is that I'll be able to deepen my meditation practice and/or gain some clarity as to where I want my life to go from here. We'll definitely see what happens, and I'm sure the Camino will provide everything I need.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm sure you will love it and it will be one of the most memorable things you will ever do. Set forth with no expectations and an open heart. Don't go thinking it will change you, but more a hope if indeed thats what you need. Like most things in life, if you don't interfere or force it, then the universe (or in this case the Camino) will give you what you need - which is of course not always necessarily what you think you want.

The Camino can be one long meditation, with walking, nature, provenance, and fellow pilgrims as your teachers. Just don't forget to have fun along the way also.

Buen Camino :)

There’s a good chance you’ll enjoy the long walk. It’s good to have that sort of break and you are lucky to have the time to do it. It’s a long walk in a beautiful country with a bunch of very fine people. You will read and hear a lot about the Camino but in the end your experience of it will be your own. Go with an open mind. Be flexible. Don’t expect miracles just enjoy the daily walks and sights and sharing stories with your fellow pilgrims. That’s plenty. If you get more than that from it see it as a bonus.
Enjoy the journey.
Buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi AbigailL - sounds good! Just do check the weather forecasts - I have been there (in a vehicle doing first aid) when it has been snow from St Jean all the way to Burgos in March!! and have also seen it t-shirt hot spring weather another year, from St Jean onwards - European weather has gone a bit odd over the last few years so keep an eye on the forecasts.
AccuWeather is quite a good app but there are many more.

I hope you'll have a wonderful experience on your first camino, and who knows, we may bump into one another since I'll also be on the trail between February and April, although not exclusively on the CF.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back