• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First pilgrim form LePuy 17aug

aysun

Hi guys!
Now time has come for me to do my walk with start from LePuy the 16aug. Iam very excited about it, and littlebit nervous, how will be, can i do it?...since iam gonnan go all the way to Santiago.
I have thought abpout this walk for about 2years, last year i started planning, you now all the things that has do be done here at home and so on.
Iam sorry that i did not seen this site and join the forum before now, feels like that i lost a lot of usefull information.
i have taking 3months of for this walk, but i don´t know if i need that long time or my money will allowed me to take such a long time.
Anyone who walked from LePuy to Santiago recently, how many days and how much did you spend each day?

Grateful for all help
aysun

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Aysun... I can't comment on the Spanish section as it is a few years since I did that. I arrived back a few weeks ago from walking from Le Puy to St Jean Pied de Port. It took me 35 days of walking and I spent about 30 euro each day. This is probably on the low side (if you check back you will find postings from people who were averaging about 38 euros, 3 years ago) as I don't drink tea or coffee or alcohol and probably cooked for myself a bit more than half the time. Costs reduced as I got closer to Spain.I met people who were doing all their own cooking and camping so it depends on what you want to do. People often report that France is twice the cost of Spain.

Three months will be enough time. France is more expensive than Spain. Many times the only choice will be demi-pension, which includes supper and breakfast (bread and jelly!) with the room cost. You can keep the cost down by cooking for yourself when the opportunity is available. Shops are often closed Sunday and Monday, so you need to plan ahead to have food to cook yourself. When I plan for myself, I estimate 40 Euro per day in France and 30 Euro per day in Spain. I do not do much cooking!!

Bon chemin, and buen camino. Ultreya and Animo.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ok, thank you guys. One more question credit or cash...?
Iam getting more and more worried, thougt i had planned this well, but now i realise that i only did planning for my home, for the bills and for my pet.

For the Camino, you need cash since most of your expenses will be under 10 Euros at a time. Most bars and restaurants along the Camino don't take credit cards.

Hello Aysun!
I´m going to walk from Le Puy to Santiago. I´m in Le Puy 17august and I´ll start my camino 18august. I have 2,5 months time to walk. Buen Camino both of us :D
Walking woman.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi! walking women
how nice, 18aug is my birthday so actually i had also plans to start that day but i couldn´t find any flight tickets that was convience for the arrival time for me. I didn´t want to arrive to lyon in the middle of the night so....anyway. I think it will be great to start the walk and iam looking forward to it.
buy the to you all whom are in this forum have you stayed at hotel called Appart hotels des Capucins,

best regards
buen camino,

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.