• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First timer: St Jean - Logrono segment

John O'Connell

Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean Pied de Port > Logrono > Belorado: September 2016 & June 2017
Belorado > Leon August 2017
Hi community,

Taking my first leg of the journey from St Jean to Logrono 8-16 Sept 2016. First walking day 9 Sept. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the way. Hoping to complete the Camino in about four segments by the end of 2017.

John
Dublin

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Excellent, have fun! I always meet some Irish on the camino who are getting there in sections, and I always love their company. Last year I met a well-known Irish actress, with her family, but I’m not going to tell you who she is (I promised . . .) Buen camino, and have a wonderful time. Jill

Excellent, have fun! I always meet some Irish on the camino who are getting there in sections, and I always love their company. Last year I met a well-known Irish actress, with her family, but I’m not going to tell you who she is (I promised . . .) Buen camino, and have a wonderful time. Jill
Maybe I'm a well known Irish actor ...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Maybe I'm a well known Irish actor ...

OMG . . . you’re not THE J. O’Connell, brother of Jenny O’C from Dublin are you? Ah . . no, I guess not, too many O’Connells in Dublin . . . . Jenny was my best friend 40-odd years ago :)

Afraid not. You're right, a very common name.

Might be worth checking out the dates of the annual Rioja wine festival in Logrono.
It's around the time you will be there.
Not just about wine. A great festival of Spanish culture.
We had a champion time there.
Regards
Gerard

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi community,

Taking my first leg of the journey from St Jean to Logrono 8-16 Sept 2016. First walking day 9 Sept. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the way. Hoping to complete the Camino in about four segments by the end of 2017.

John
Dublin
hello john! I plan to arrive in sjpdp on the 8th of sept and begin walking on the 9th. hope to see you. good luck to you.

mark

hello john! I plan to arrive in sjpdp on the 8th of sept and begin walking on the 9th. hope to see you. good luck to you.

mark
Hi Mark, good luck also in your preparations. I feel fairly organised: next step is to select trail runners. At present I own hiking boots and runners and neither seem to do the job. John.

Might be worth checking out the dates of the annual Rioja wine festival in Logrono.
It's around the time you will be there.
Not just about wine. A great festival of Spanish culture.
We had a champion time there.
Regards
Gerard
Thanks for the tip. Just checked it out. I'll miss it by a whisker. It starts on the 17th and I am flying out on the 16th.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Buen Camino, John. I met many Irish whose company I thoroughly enjoyed. One day I mentioned to one man how many Irish I'd met. He said, without missing a beat, "That's because we're all a bunch of sinners!" ;)
Love!

Last edited:
Hi community,

John
Dublin
Hi John.
Enjoy your walk. I'll be about two weeks behind you and I wish you well.

OMG . . . you’re not THE J. O’Connell, brother of Jenny O’C from Dublin are you? Ah . . no, I guess not, too many O’Connells in Dublin . . . . Jenny was my best friend 40-odd years ago :)

"...too many O'Connells..."

I believe that to be a oxymoron...unless they are all expecting to be at my house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Hmph!;)

B

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi community,

John
Dublin
Hi John. Also sharing a common name, I'll be starting from SJPD on Friday Sept 9, but hope to see Finisterre on this walk.

Hi John. Also sharing a common name, I'll be starting from SJPD on Friday Sept 9, but hope to see Finisterre on this walk.
That's a lot of walking. Makes my 160km to Logrono look like a stroll! I feel pretty well prepared at this stage. I've taken on board all the advice about keeping the pack light. Slight apprehension about the first day's walking (for me to Roncenvalles).

My niece is starting on the 8th Sept keep an eye out for her Tracey Mcauley walking to Logrono she has an english accent (No one is perfect).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My niece is starting on the 8th Sept keep an eye out for her Tracey Mcauley walking to Logrono she has an english accent (No one is perfect).
I'll certainly keep an eye out. She's likely to stay a day ahead of me though.

Sorry John she starts walking on the ninth from la coquelle napaleon albergue about 800 meters up from sjpp on the way.

Buen Camino John

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.