• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Timer - Starting Camino Frances in May 2016 - CAN'T WAIT!!!

Elizabeth89

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking the Camino Frances (May-June 2016)
Hello!

My name is Elizabeth, I am from sunny England (!) and I am new to this forum!

I hope to walk the Camino this May/June, leaving SJPP on 17th May - if all goes to plan!

I am so excited to undergo this amazing experience and hope it will be a time of peace-finding and getting closer to God, as well as setting myself up for yet another physical challenge (last year I ran the London Marathon and climbed Ben Nevis!)

I see that there is a thread containing a list of Pilgrims next to various start dates - so I will make my way over there shortly!

Best wishes and Buen Camino!
Elizabeth

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Elizabeth!! A quick note to wish you BUEN CAMINO! May is a wonderful time of the year to walk the Camino. I started my Camino at the end of May 2011 and the crossing ST. Jean Pied de Port to Roncesvalles on 27 May 2011 remains one of the best days of my life! :) Just know to take breaks and enjoy the road and the other pilgrims. I read and put into practice a lot of advice from this forum as to prior to walking the Camino I had not even walked 5 miles in my life. I had to break my Camino in different years (walked in May/October/ Finish June) . Happy to say I finished the Camino in Santiago, the most I walked on a day ever was 32 Kms, the shortest day was 18 kms. The Camino challenged and eventually re-wrote my own scripts about my body and my strength. The best experience of my life. Wishing you much success. BUEN CAMINO!!

Hello!

I hope to walk the Camino this May/June, leaving SJPP on 17th May - if all goes to plan!

I am so excited to undergo this amazing experience and hope it will be a time of peace-finding and getting closer to God, as well as setting myself up for yet another physical challenge (last year I ran the London Marathon and climbed Ben Nevis!)

I see that there is a thread containing a list of Pilgrims next to various start dates - so I will make my way over there shortly!

Elizabeth
Hola, Elizabeth :)

I'm starting May 18th from Bayonne on Via de Bayona and will be in Burgos on June 1st. I guess you'll be approx.2 days ahead but maybe we'll see each other. You may enter your starting date into forum calendar and connect with other forum members starting around your date.

Anyway have a nice Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello!

Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth from sunny England
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hola Elizabeth,
I'm from Ireland on my first Camino flying to Bilbao on 14th May and getting bus to Pamplona where I stay first night and hope to start in St Jean on 15th May. Really looking forward to it
I hope you really it
Burn Camino
Paraic

Previous message should have read
I hope you really enjoy it
Buen Camino
Paraic

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello!

Elizabeth

Hola Elizabeth,
I'm from Ireland on my first Camino flying to Bilbao on 14th May and getting bus to Pamplona where I stay first night and hope to start in St Jean on 15th May. Really looking forward to it
I hope you really it
Burn Camino
Paraic

Buen Camino Elizabeth and Paraic!

Hello Elizabeth!! A quick note to wish you BUEN CAMINO! May is a wonderful time of the year to walk the Camino. I started my Camino at the end of May 2011 and the crossing ST. Jean Pied de Port to Roncesvalles on 27 May 2011 remains one of the best days of my life! :) Just know to take breaks and enjoy the road and the other pilgrims. I read and put into practice a lot of advice from this forum as to prior to walking the Camino I had not even walked 5 miles in my life. I had to break my Camino in different years (walked in May/October/ Finish June) . Happy to say I finished the Camino in Santiago, the most I walked on a day ever was 32 Kms, the shortest day was 18 kms. The Camino challenged and eventually re-wrote my own scripts about my body and my strength. The best experience of my life. Wishing you much success. BUEN CAMINO!!

Thank you so much for your kind and positive words - it's hearing of people's wonderful experiences that are really encouraging me in taking on this venture.

Best wishes and God bless,

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola, Elizabeth :)

I'm starting May 18th from Bayonne on Via de Bayona and will be in Burgos on June 1st. I guess you'll be approx.2 days ahead but maybe we'll see each other. You may enter your starting date into forum calendar and connect with other forum members starting around your date.

Anyway have a nice Camino!

Yes, maybe see you en route!

Hope you have a beautiful Camino :)

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.