• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Timer

CharleneMark

Time of past OR future Camino
None
Good Day, we would love to walk the full Camino but unfortunately work doesn't allow that :-( we've got 5 or max 6 days to walk - which part of the Camino do you suggest and why? We do not want to do the last 100km into Santiago now, we will keep that for next time. Thank You

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Charlene,

Tricky question. Do you locations you have/want to arrive/depart from?

My first camino trip was similarly short at 4 days, from Santiago to Finisterre and then on to Muxia. This certainly gave me the desire for more without spoiling the main event. Or you could do the Camino Ingles which would fit in very well with your time frame and get you a compostella if you start from Ferrol.

Buen Camino,

Rob.

we would love to walk the full Camino

The "full" Camino would start at your door. Every other starting point is of lesser significance. Have a look at this text: Where does the Camino de Santiago Start?

The Ingles suggestion is a good one. If you decide for the Camino Frances, Logrono to Burgos would be good and not too difficult stage to start.

But time of the year, travel times from your hometown and your desire if you want to meet other pilgrims would be necessary information to give a sensible recommendation.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you think that you want to eventually walk the entire Camino Frances (SJPDP to Santiago), then logically your first leg should be from SJPDP to however far you can get in four or five days - somewhere between Pamplona and Estella, most likely. It's a beautiful part of the Camino!

Hi, I have been in the same position as you and also due to work walked three separate "legs" of the Camino before I finished work and had the time to walk the full route.
I would recommend starting in St. Jean, it gives you a great introduction and you meet so many others also starting there and I have been fortunate in having clear weather both times on the Napoleon Route, it is worth it.
St. Jean to Estella is good for a week walk and if, like me, you have to return to Biarritz airport, there is a good bus service from Estella to Biarritz via San Sebatian.
Hope you have a good time
AlanS

Perhaps an easy route that will fit into your schedule, and fly in and out of the same place would be to start at Santiago (fly into there), and walk to Muxia and Fisterre. It qualifies for a Compostela in both Fisterre and Muxia. When done, a bus can be easily and cheaply caught back to Sanitago, and back to the airport.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks everyone for useful info, much appreciated. We are no thinking of doing the Portuguese way from Tui to Santiago, can anyone please let me know if this specific route is very well marked along the way? How busy is it beginning of October usually and how is the scenery?

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.