• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Framing Credential

createspace

Time of past OR future Camino
May 30 to June 30, 2013
I want to be able to frame my credential that allows me to see both sides. I can set it on the desk and be able to see both sides. I don't see a frame long enough to allow me to open up the credential. How have you kept your credential and compostela safe but viewable?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I do not know where you are from--but in the U.S. there is Hobby Lobby or Crafts 2000--they can make a custom frame with glass on both sides to view a document--sometimes they even have frame kits--however unless the document is a standard size a kit won't work--since it is printed on a European type paper--but I really don't know the actual size of the document because I have yet to walk this Fall and hopefully I will be framing mine in November.

For anyone planning to frame the credential -- if you don't do something to stop it from happening, the ink on the stamps will eventually disappear. My framed credential from 2000 has many empty spaces and has now been taken down from the wall in my study because it looks pretty silly. I think I posted this years ago and someone made some suggestions from how to prevent it from happening but I can't remember what the tips were. Is there some way to treat the ink so that it won't fade?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I forgot to say that you need glass in the frame that protects the document from Ultra Violet rays--this is a must especially with modern documents

Glass alone won't do it, mine is framed in glass. Nor will some special glass do it either, because I had my son's framed in something that was supposed to protect the ink but didn't.

Ultra Violette protective glass is a special glass--not just any old glass

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Why not photocopy it and frame that? Even photocopy three times and if it fades, reframe. Thank you for the info though, would hate to lose mine!

Hi, I decided to frame my "concertina" credential so that both sides would be on display. To do this I had both sides of it colour photocopied on card. This card was also creased to give the concertina impression. I then had both sides framed by a professional using the special anti-UV glass. I still have the original credenzia too.

The att photo shows how it looks ...

I think Mr BWE has cracked it createspace!! This looks fab

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum