• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

From Biarritz to Saint Jean next week

Juwa

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino francés (2018), Camino Portugués 2019
Hi!

I’m walking my first Camino this year, starting next Thursday (5th of July), and was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to get from Biarritz airport to saint Jean. Or even better, if someone is going on the same day and would like to share a taxi/shuttle

Best,

Julia

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, Juwa, and a warm welcome to the forum.

1. https://www.expressbourricot.com/contact-and-booking/ The fee is split between passengers, so a full shuttle runs about 20 Euro per person. It is reservation only, is quite popular, and you need to make a reservation ASAP if you want to be assured a seat.

2. Taxi. Again, the cost is per taxi. so, the more that share, the cheaper it is.

3. Walk to the main airport entrance and look for fellow pilgrims -- packs, shells, patches, anxious expressions . Ask if anyone would like to share a taxi, or if anyone has space to share a ride. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a few takers.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I took a taxi to Bayonne (20 min ride) and caught the train. If you cannot find a ticket counter open in the early morning at the station or work the French ticket machines (like me) just jump on the train without a ticket and pay the conductor.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We took the bus, took a wee bit longer but it was cheaper even though the initial plan was with a train but they were not running at the time. We picked it up at the bus stand right outside the airport.

Bus one euro outside airport, 15 mins to Bayonne station, train or bus to sjpp whichever is running at time. See previous post below.

Ok thank you so much for all the helpful replies everybody I think I’ll book a shuttle to saint Jean, as I think I’ll be pretty tired upon my arrival. Thank you!

J

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum