• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Texas, starting May, 2011

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You will have lots of company. May is a great month to walk the Camino.
Weather can be beautiful, Spring is bursting out all over.
There might be some late season snow on the route napoleon from SJPP to Roncesvalles.

You will have the time of your life.
David, Victoria, Canada.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Fellow Texan! :D I first walked the Camino in May 2007 & there were plenty of folks on the route at that time! The only thing you have to keep an eye out for is the weather, especially when you're going over the mountains to Roncesvalles. If you have any questions, or want to talk to a fellow Texan about the Camino, feel free to contact me. :)

Kelly

Hi there,

I'm from Wisconsin and will be walking the Camino with my mom in late April over my spring break. Will there be others walking then or is it too early? Also, we're flying into Madrid but we aren't sure what the best route to take is - we have 10 days and are hoping to end up in Santiago de Compostela - we're thinking about doing sections and taking trains. Thoughts? Best routes? Any input would be appreciated.

Molly

I'm arriving on May 14th and will start walking the next day. I'll spend my second night at Orisson. Everything is booked and paid for.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Mtwind103,
If I only had 10 days, I would catch a bus to O'Cebreiro and walk without interruption to Santiago.
I've done it in 7 days, so you don't need to rush in 10 days.

With only 10 days, you want to really enter into the world of the authentic pilgrim quickly and live it to the max. Blowing a couple of your precious days on the bus with change the experience, and not for the better.

Also, since time is limited, take a local airline from Madrid to Santiago and bus from Santiago to start your pilgrimage. When you are done, take the local airline from Santiago to Madrid and hop on your plane home.

Other than that,
Good luck, and God bless.
David, Victoria, Canada.

If you only have 10 days (does that include travel days as well?), you might want to consider starting at Sarria & taking your time to get to Santiago. Any days left over, you can use to sight-see in Santiago, as well as Madrid, without feeling rushed and by walking from Sarria, you can get your compostela. :)

I would take a domestic airline to/from Santiago, then the bus to Sarria.

Kelly

Hi Texas, California here, starting in SJPDP on May 1, 2011. Hope to meet you. This is my first time and I am so excited.
Blessings,
Grazulgirl

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ten days

Stage Stage (km)
1) Ponferrada - Villafranca del Bierzo 22.4
2) Villafranca del Bierzo - Ruitelán 18.9
3) Ruitelán - Fonfría 21.4
4) FonfrĂ­a - Samos 18.9
5) Samos - Barbadelo 19
6) Barbadelo - PortomarĂ­n 18.1
7) PortomarĂ­n - Palas de Rei 24.9
8 Palas de Rei - Ribadiso da Baixo 25.7
9) Ribadiso da Baixo - Santa Irene 19.5
10) Santa Irene - Santiago de Compostela 22.1

Total: 210.9

Hi
Im Pat from Ireland. I arrive in St Jean Pied De Pont on the 15th May,and will start walking to Santiago on the next day the 16th May. This will be my 3rd Camino Frances. I walked it starting middle of april in 2009 and around the 28th April 2010. I also walked the Camino Portugese in October of 2009. Im captivated with the camino. Last year was tough as the weather was cold and wet for at least 2 weeks of the walk. The first 5 or 6 days were lovely , but the weather changed, and for 18 days it was cold and wet. In fact it snowed in Shagun on the 13th of May when I was there. But the weather took up near the end , and it was beautiful. So this year im starting on the 16th of May and hopefully the worst of the weather will be over. Regardless of the weather it is a beautiful and deeply spiritual walk. I look forward to starting again... Hope to meet some of you on our Way

Pat

My friend and I go to school in Arkansas and will be flying out of DFW on the 1st of June, so if we book it we might meet up!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.