• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Full Camino

sonas1951

Time of past OR future Camino
I would like to join up with a small group to do the full Camino in 2014. I believe it would take about 4/6 weeks aprox. - ideally a pilgrimage!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sonas1951' welcome to this forum. Spend some time here browsing and you will see that many have found their Camino "family" as they walked rather than trying to establish a group in advance.

You say that you want to do a full Camino from which I'll presume your contemplating the Camino Frances from St Jean pied de Port. It is highly likely that you will make friends in St Jean and that by Pamplona you will be part of a fluid group all moving west with one destination in mind. It is unlikely that you will always walk together, each has their own pace, purpose and needs, but you will be in one of the suburbs of the greatest linear city on Earth - a village that moves together in some echo of transhumance.

And "ideally a pilgrimage"', many would echo that sentiment. But if you find you are simply starting out on an adventure you may find you are indeed on a pilgrimage long before the end.

Buen Camino

Many thanks for your informative reply! Just one comment - a friend of mine told me that there are many Alsatians en-route and I have a terrible fear of dogs, especially that breed! Would appreciate your feedback! Many thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There are almost no loose dogs on the Camino, and those few are extremely friendly bar dogs. No bar owner will let a dog get between him and your wallet, so they are no problem. The guard dogs are well secured.

Buen Camino!

falcon269 said:
There are almost no loose dogs on the Camino, and those few are extremely friendly bar dogs. No bar owner will let a dog get between him and your wallet, so they are no problem. The guard dogs are well secured.

Buen Camino!
Thank you so much for your reassurance - reservation laid to rest!

Tincatinker said:
Sonas1951' welcome to this forum. Spend some time here browsing and you will see that many have found their Camino "family" as they walked rather than trying to establish a group in advance.

You say that you want to do a full Camino from which I'll presume your contemplating the Camino Frances from St Jean pied de Port. It is highly likely that you will make friends in St Jean and that by Pamplona you will be part of a fluid group all moving west with one destination in mind. It is unlikely that you will always walk together, each has their own pace, purpose and needs, but you will be in one of the suburbs of the greatest linear city on Earth - a village that moves together in some echo of transhumance.

And "ideally a pilgrimage"', many would echo that sentiment. But if you find you are simply starting out on an adventure you may find you are indeed on a pilgrimage long before the end.

Buen Camino

Tincatinker,
You have a good way with words.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
sonas1951 said:
Many thanks for your informative reply! Just one comment - a friend of mine told me that there are many Alsatians en-route and I have a terrible fear of dogs, especially that breed! Would appreciate your feedback! Many thanks!

The only Alsatians I met were a French pilgrim couple and, though extroverts, they could hardly be called barking...... :lol:
On the CF dogs aren't such an issue being mostly chained and/or snoozing in patches of sun. On other less travelled routes dogs doing their guarding job can sometimes be a bit 'full on' but walking poles are great for making a 'keep off' gesture that most canines respect.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.