• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gambassi Terme to San Gimignano

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2012, 2014, 2016. CN 2018, 23 Via francigena 23
Out the door early and was greeted by a beautiful Tuscan sunrise 🌅.
Almost the entire day was on dirt trails through olive groves and grape 🍇 vineyards.
Throughout the day the trail took me up and down the rolling hills of Tuscany, providing great views of the agricultural valleys in the area.

Attachments

• 20230712_061115.jpg
    20230712_061115.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,237
  • 20230712_070524.jpg
    20230712_070524.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230712_190830.jpg
    20230712_190830.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230712_094931.jpg
    20230712_094931.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230712_165924.jpg
    20230712_165924.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • 20230712_180225.jpg
    20230712_180225.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • 20230712_080245.jpg
    20230712_080245.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The pic from the restaurant. Is that the one just off the piazza with the well? If it was, it looked amazing.

Stunning sunrise shot Bob. 🤩

I'm assuming you'll be making a bee-line for Gelateria Dondoli before the day is done? A flavour suggestion for at least one of your scoops; 🤭
Giardino all'Italiana...Italian Garden; tomato (no, I'm not kidding), basil, lemon & mint...OMG! 😋 Enjoy.
👣🌏

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
@Tassie Kaz - outstanding selection there.
I had the pistachio 😋(upper far right) at the suggestion of our new Italian friend, Stephan, who we walked a few days with. He was like our personal tour guide.
I'm not drooling over the tomato gelato that Kaz liked; it sounds unyummy.😅
Screenshot_20230713-060957~2.png

Bob, was that a pile of cooked spinach or kale on your plate, hopefully with some nice seasoning added?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
They did have a number of "different " flavors, but I went with Fragola just to be safe.
The dinner was stewed Chiagale Cacciatore and steamed spinach with fresh local olive oil and lemon drizzled over it.

Attachments

• 20230701_200956.jpg
    20230701_200956.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
I had the pistachio 😋(upper far right) at the suggestion of our new Italian friend, Stephan, who we walked a few days with. He was like our personal tour guide.
I'm not drooling over the tomato gelato that Kaz liked; it sounds unyummy.😅
View attachment 152459

Bob, was that a pile of cooked spinach or kale on your plate, hopefully with some nice seasoning added?
Whenever I get gelati (& Chrissy, I'm noting yours is singular & mine plural... 😆 😇 😋), I always go for unique or unusual flavours so it was no contest to try this combo even though my tastebuds were baulking at it. Outcome? It was absolutely ⭐ delicious. I don't know what the ratios of ingredients were but they nailed it...as you would expect from a place that has been crowned 'World Champions' twice.
I also tried pumpkin gelati further along in Tuscany...it was ok but no where near stand out that was 'giardino all'italiana'.
What's underneath your strawberry @Bob from L.A. ! ?..some kind of nutty concoction? 🤗
👣🌏

Whenever I get gelati (& Chrissy, I'm noting yours is singular & mine plural... 😆 😇 😋), I always go for unique or unusual flavours
Well, Kaz, I'd assumed you ordered that tomato gelato ice cream😂 because you are vegan or vegetarian as you've mentioned to me before.🍅😅

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well, Kaz, I'd assumed you ordered that tomato gelato ice cream😂 because you are vegan or vegetarian as you've mentioned to me before.🍅😅
I'm neither vegan or vegetarian; I have food allergies which is where I think you're a bit muddled up. 😘 That's why I queried Bob's nutty-looking 🤢 scoop under his strawberry...& your pistachio would have done me in too...! 🤮 😁
👣🌏

I'm neither vegan or vegetarian; I have food allergies which is where I think you're a bit muddled up. 😘 That's why I queried Bob's nutty-looking 🤢 scoop under his strawberry...& your pistachio would have done me in too...! 🤮 😁
👣🌏
Ooops! Sorry and thanks for clarifying and setting me straight!🤦I definitely had the wrong impression! You must be saying that nuts don't like you😆

Ooops! Sorry and thanks for clarifying and setting me straight!🤦I definitely had the wrong impression! You must be saying that nuts don't like you😆
No worries Chrissy; the conversation originally occurred in your Norte posts...so you were otherwise mentally occupied! Remember the 'problem child'? 😄🥰 It was @goldie from aus who suggested the safest bet for me was sticking with the vino... 🤪 🤗
And yep, you're right about the nuts. Part of a group who don't like me & I refer to as the BENS; Bananas, Eggs, Nuts & Seafood.
Like I said...a problem child...🤭so Goldie's advice is sound.
Sorry for the divert Bob. 😌
👣🌏

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Has anyone got information on the hospice (not the auberge) a Great Saint Bernard Pass? I've read their website, and I'd appreciate insights as to how comfortable it is, quality of the food, etc...
Can't get into the official Via Francigena site. I've used it for years, but today all I get when I try to enter it is 'File not found". For example, if I enter...
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.