• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting from Paris to Le Puy and the strike

• Thread starter Deleted member 78731
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 78731

I've read a number of threads about getting from the Paris airport to Le Puy, but I'm wondering if there is any updated information. I arrive at the De Gaulle airport around 1 PM on May 23, but both May 23 and 24 are scheduled strike days. Is the best option to make my way to the Gare de Lyon, then see if I can find a bus heading south? I really don't want to spend two days in Paris unless there is no other option. Paris is sweet, but the Camino is sweeter.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Not all lines are on strike each strike day. Those that are on strike are listed and any reserved passengers notified by email at 17:00 the day before.

Thus, you might book a train for the time and date you wish. It may indeed be valid and run despite the strike. If not you can claim a refund.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Thanks much! I guess I'll pick a train that leaves Gare de Lyon around 3 or 4 and cross my fingers. Appreciate the quick response!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
On the other hand, is there anyone out there wanting to leave Paris for Le Puy on May 23? Blabla, the organized carpooling system, might be a better choice, especially if there are a few interested folks.

Most read last week in this forum