• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting the train from Bayonne

vicky mc

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France's
I am starting my Camino next week. Flying to Biarritz in wed and staying overnight in Bayonne I will have to get the train from Bayonne to SJPDP. I want to know is there plenty of trains going to SJ. And is it (stupid question) easy enough to get the ticket. I've never been in a train since I was a child and I know things change Any advice will be most welcome.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

There are generally four trains a day from Bayonne to SJPdP. The station is small and the staff are helpful and used to tourists as well as pilgrims. You can buy your TER line 62 ticket to SJPfP either from a machine or a live clerk. No need to book ahead since the seats are not reserved.

The current trains Bayonne to SJPdP are at 07:45, 11:10, 14:55, and 18:06. Journey time is roughly 1 hour.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello
Just to let you know you can get a local bus from just outside Biarritz airport terminal straight to Bayonne for 1 euro.
Also it's worth popping into the railway station at Bayonne when you arrive to make sure the trains are running to schedule as there have been a number of strikes over the past few months which have led to cancellations.
But don't worry because even if there is a strike there are replacement buses to St Jean.
The journey down to SJPDP is lovely.
Safe travels and Buen Camino!

Hi
I have just checked with the cab service to SJPDP as I fly into Biarritz at 1705 hours (as concerned that I would not get to SJPDP by 2000 hours by bus and train). The cab service quoted 84€ (for a solo traveller ) which is exorbitant but gets cheaper when more people share the journey. So I have bought another palne ticket to fly into Biarritz the day before at noon (much cheaper than 84€ and will stay another night at SJPDP to enjoy this little Pyrenees village which has been praised much enough on this forum!

Buen Camino Vicky!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi there I get to Biarritz on Wednesday at 19.15 hours going to stay overnight in Bayonne then I will hopefully get a train on the Thursday and I'm planning to stay overnight in SJPDP and then get an early start on the Friday . That's the plan anyway. Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum