• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting to Rabanal and Gaucelmo

nparist

I'll be leaving Chicago around April 28 and need to get to Rabanal and the Confraternity's refugio (just past Leon and Astorga). In the past I've flown into Madrid or Paris, but I'm wondering if there's a better way. Any special flights from London? Or from anywhere else? Or is Madrid and a bus still my best choice? Thanks. Nancy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
yes, Madrid and bus/train, tho you could hire a car - would probably be faster if that's your criterion. Oviedo/Asturias, Valladolid and Santiago airports are all nearer, but you would have to go to Madrid or possibly London first to get there.

If you have a reason to go through London the Valladolid flight on Ryanair is a possibility there is a bus connection to Astorga.
VALLADOLID - ASTORGA
13:30 16:10 9,31€
14:45 17:40 9,31€
19:30 22:10 9,31€

If you have no reason to go via London the Madrid route is a better bet as Peter says.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum