• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to Sarria on a Sunday

Diana Kringelbach

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago (2017)
Hi there!

I hope someone can help me with this question. I have searched and searched but just cant find the answer anywhere.
My son and I are having our first go at hiking in October from Sarria til Santiago de Compostella. We arrive at the airport SCQ on a Sunday at 15.20. My question is if it is possible for us to make it to Sarria by bus at that time and on a Sunday? We would love to go directly to Sarria to start of on the Camino the next morning. Do we have to stay for a night in Santiago de Compostella and wait until Monday? If we hire a taxi do you have any idea what a fair price would be?

I would really appriciate any help with these questions. Thank you in advance.

Diana, Denmark

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have just looked at Sunday bus times for a friend with the same question for September.
There are buses (Freire) from the airport to Lugo at 16.10 and 18.40, with the last bus at 20.10 (and are 10 minutes earleir from Santiago bus station). They arrive in Lugo at 18.05; 20.30 and 21.35.
From Lugo Monbus goes to Sarria at 18.35 and 20.45 and takes 35 minutes.
If you decide to sleep in Santiago and head out on Monday morning the buses leave Santiago bus station at 7.00; 9.00 and 11.00, arriving in Lugo 2 hours later. The bus from Lugo leaves 10.35 and 13.45.
Hope that helps.

I have just looked at Sunday bus times for a friend with the same question for September.
There are buses (Freire) from the airport to Lugo at 16.10 and 18.40, with the last bus at 20.10 (and are 10 minutes earleir from Santiago bus station). They arrive in Lugo at 18.05; 20.30 and 21.35.
If you decide to sleep in Santiago and head out on Monday morning the buses leave Santiago bus station at 7.00; 9.00 and 11.00, arriving in Lugo 2 hours later. The bus from Lugo leaves 10.35 and 13.45.
Hope that helps.
Thank you very much! That is really very helpfull!
Best regards
Diana

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hope that helps.
Do you know if it would also be possible to go by bus to Triacastella?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Do you know if it would also be possible to go by bus to Triacastella?
Sorry but I don't, it was only because of our friend that I had the times to Sarria. Glad to see that @falcon269 has answered your question.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back