• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting to SJPDP from San Sebastian

Happytrails

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances planned 2018
I will be walking for three weeks I October. I found a good deal on tickets from Boston to San Sebastian. It seemed this would get me closer to SJPDP than flying into Madrid so I could start walking asap. Now, I'm having a difficult time navigating the best way to get to SJPDP. Looking at the bus and train schedules has me confused as it looks like I'll need to combine bus and train and there's no straight route. I arrive in San Sebastian on a Tuesday at 9:35 am. Thanks for any guidance.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The San Sebastian airport is actually right on the France/Spain border just outside Irun. You could walk or take a taxi the couple of km to Hendaye station, get a local train to Bayonne then another local train to SJPDP. If you are arriving at the airport in the morning you would have plenty of time. Very straightforward.

Bus or train - check out Rome2Rio.com

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I flew Boston in to San Sebastián. Caught a local bus to the ALSA Bus Depot and caught an ALSA bus to Pamplona, and then changed to another bus to get to St. Jean. Not the fastest way, but it gave me a glimpse of terrain not yet visited. I would do it again happily.

Most read last week in this forum