• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting to SJPP- Barcelona or Madrid?

Babchook

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Muxia, Camino Portuguese
Hi fellow pilgrims,
Arriving Spain in mid April to walk the Camino Frances from SJPP, trying to figure which way is cheaper/faster to get to my start point. I can either arrive to Barcelona or Madrid airports, from there i need to get Bus/Train.. Would love to hear your voice which is preferred. Thank you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Babchook:

Either airport will work. You can get a train or bus to Pamplona and then dependent on time of year a bus to SJPdP.

There is a thread that identifies a Casa Rural that will pick you up in Pamplona, feed you, provide a bed for the night and drive you to SJPdP the next day.

Ultreya,
Joe

Renfe train to Irun/Hendaye, SNCF train Irun/Hendaye to Bayonne. SNCF TER train Bayonne to SJPdP.

It works from either Madrid or Barcelona (Sants).

Madrid would be my choice because homeward bound Santiago to Madrid makes easier logistics.

It also works with SNCF. Barcelona to Toulouse, Toulouse to Bayonne, Bayonne to SJPdP.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks mates! It does make more sense to arrive to and leave from Madrid. So i guess, Madrid it is! Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum