• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

GoLite

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Must be the right time of year for deals, because REI has a huge sale going on too.

I saw a closeout on a sleeping bag that some people on this forum have highly recommended. Unfortunately, it's only available in "Long". http://www.rei.com/product/767276

One question about that backpack, Falcon -- it has a capacity of 4750 cubic inches or more, depending on size. Isn't that awfully big for a Camino walk? A chart I looked at converted that to 78 liters.

Thanks, Laurie

Not me. I don't like to squish the fresh bread!

What the photos do not show is that bungees on the bottom of the pack reduce the area usually used for a sleeping bag by about 1,000 cu in, so you can pack tightly with a much smaller load. I shipped home my sleeping bag on my last trek, fastened the cords, and never noticed that the volume had been reduced enormously.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
GoLites are GREAT. ´My GoLite Jam has taken me all over the caminos, and will be my standby this spring when I do the whole thing again -- ojala. Only trouble is the thinness of the shoulder straps -- solvable with the addition of a couple of washing-up sponges!

Reb.

Most read last week in this forum