• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Good vibes : local walks

SabsP

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
I detect some animosity lately regarding some issues on this forum.
So I thought : why not start a topic about the lovely walks one can walk locally? This would give us the chance to learn something about other regions / country and nature... Like I said, only a thought...

I will start with some images from my local walks in south of the province Limburg ( Belgium ).

Attachments

• PA160004 (640x480).jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 1,597
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Contemplation...

Attachments

• IMG_0265 (640x427).jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 1,569
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Here is a picture of a stream where we hiked and camped this past weekend in East Tennessee.

Attachments

• phpvWd9quAM.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 1,548
Not so wild of photo.

Savage Gulf wilderness

Attachments

• phpUHi1DlAM.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,522
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Meadow and very very tame sheep... :wink:

Attachments

• weide.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,487
"Meadow and very, very tame children".

This was on a training walk with the kids a couple of miles from my home in Hampshire.

Attachments

• DolesWood.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 1,446
Salisbury to Stonehenge, 5 hours. 15/07/2012

Attachments

• _DSC6334.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,426
  • _DSC6312.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,426
  • _DSC6290 - Copy.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,427
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Attachments

• _DSC6378.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,407
  • _DSC6360.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 1,405
  • _DSC6347.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,408

Attachments

• _DSC6463.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,388
  • _DSC6414.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,388
  • _DSC6406.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,389
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Miguel : very nice picture. Lovingkindness : as ever your pictures make me dream away...( if not only for the scones )...

A city stroll in beautiful Gent.

Attachments

• IMG_0354 (800x600).jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 1,373
Ah, Ghent. I haven't been there but I did stay in Brugge a few years ago and left covered in flea bites and a rash!

ouch not good. You will love Gent, less touristy than Bruges. Here , a good waffle from tearoom Max in Gent, to make up for the fleas from Bruges...

Attachments

• IMG_0356 (800x600).jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 1,346
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Making it easy for the walkers : part of track with wooden deck....

Attachments

• Nerem (480x640).jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 1,147
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Love them

On a post-Camino walk over our old training ground on the Haldon Hills we saw these two little lizards 'holding hands'.

Then on a train in Wales (not the FEVE),

we could see Pen Y Fan (pronounced Pen i Van) 886mts above sea level.
We climbed it a couple of days later. More folk than we saw recently on the Camino and harder than Buspol. :!:

Attachments

• lizards.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,013
  • not the FEVE.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,015
  • start of climb.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,016
Two hours to ascend and an hour and a half descent on the 'easy side'. The army use the circular route for training.

Attachments

• corn du.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,010
  • pen y fan.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,010
  • view from top.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,004
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Brilliant! Keep on posting. Tia, the landscapes are so beautiful. So jealous. We will never have these immense open spaces in our country... . :cry:

Got some company on yesterday's walk....

Attachments

• bolderberg.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 880
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
And what better way to treat oneself after the walk : a very good Trappist beer, a Chimay.

Attachments

• Chimay.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 882
Great thread Sabine. I'm home now, and back at work... so I am just grabbing some weekend time to walk on the local tracks on the edge my city at present. It's winter back here, and the last two weekends we've had frosts then blue skies. Here are a couple of shots from my walk this morning.
Margaret

Attachments

• turitea 1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 778
  • Turitea walkway 2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 771
What joy to read about local walks as I plan my spell on the Camino (setting off for part of the Camino de la Plata in a week. Yikes!!!) I love to think of people who do not know England exploring our hills and dales as I book accommodation in Finisterra, with no real idea of the culture there!

I am a school teacher at the Stonehenge School in Wiltshire and love local forays to the New Forest and roundabouts. Too many people do not appreciate the beauty on their doorsteps. Although perhaps I am lucky to have chosen a doorstep with much nearby beauty.

Anyway, I am inspired by this thread and will continue to seek both beauty and adventure, near and
far.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Margaret, thanks for sharing! Very beautiful.

Oceanroc : all the best for your upcoming Camino. Keep us posted.

Local pilgrim's Cross close to the Loreto hermitage/ chapel.

Attachments

• Pelgrimskruis Loreto kapel.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 611
Great idea Sabine and fantastic pictures! I know that we have planned to walk together in August but I am not so sure that we will be able to MOVE if we indulge in all those lovely desserts and beer!!!

Just a week back but went out on Sunday for a 2 1/2 hour walk in the dunes. No we don't have the wide open expanses as in Spain but the dunes and beach here in Zuid-Holland are very special:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wow, some amazing pictures! Of course I am quite taken by the scones and tea, and waffle pics, but all the landscape ones are just stunning. Thanks for sharing! Hubby and I have been walking in a local forest, where there are usually koalas and kangaroos, must remember to take my camera next time.

Beware of Oak Processionary

Attachments

• Oak Processionary.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 435
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks Sabine. We decided that we would start a new blog with some of our local walks, especially as 'training' would get a bit repetitive. So here is the link for anyone interested. http://peripatio.blogspot.co.uk/
We have some lovely places to walk in the UK and are much blessed by living in a rural area.

On a light note:- We were invited to visit the farm where the angora goats ('mohairs') are kept which provide our socks. Terry's hands pulling up his socks are on their publicity, but this is a photo I took.

Attachments

• woolly friends.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 360

Most read last week in this forum