• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greetings, Peregrinos!

¡Hola! My name is Rafael and I originally hail from the beautiful Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, but currently residing in America. I've been reading the forum for the past three weeks to seek valuable information and advice on my upcoming Camino through "El Camino Francés" in May-June 2010 and I finally decided to join the Forum to participate.

I'm certain that the advice and support that all of you will share will make my experience from my threshold, throughout my 30 days in France and Spain and back to my home, one of my best life experiences ever... And for that I will be eternally grateful and thankful to you Peregrinos!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Raphael
Bienvenidos!
You will find all the help and information you need in this great forum. We are very lucky to have all the knowledge here from so many experienced peregrinos that are willing to help us "newbies" in all things about the Camino.

I will walk my first Camino starting in less than 2 weeks! I am very excited. And I am very grateful for having found this forum. I have learned so much.

So whatever you need to know, just look through the threads and if you don't find it, just ask!!

Good Luck and enjoy preparing for your camino!!

Rafael,

Only 48 pilgrims reported being from Puerto Rico in 2008, so you are part of a small band of countrymen! Have a great time.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola Raphael!

Like yourself I am Puerto Rican, but for most of my life living in New York City. Its so good to hear that you are preparing for your pilgrimage on the Camino Frances. I will be leaving September 8th and hope to begin walking from St-Jean-Pied-de Port on the 10th. I owe a great deal in my preparation to this website and the many good people who furnished me with practical as well as experiential information from their own camino journey. Seek and indeed you will find!

Saludos y buen camino,

Tony

Thank you for the warm welcome Hermanita, falcon269, anthonyjf! Hermanita and anthonyjf, I wish you the best in your upcoming Camino! falcon269, only 48 of us Puerto Ricans? I'll try to spread the word to any of my friends that might be interested in doing the Camino and certainly will give them this website as a place to begin their research...

Gracias y buen Camino a todos!

Greetings and congrats on your decision to embark on the Camino!! Like the others have said, Puerto Ricans are a rarity on the Camino....but looks like you will help change that :D . When I did the Camino from SJPP to Santiago, I met a few other Americans...a couple of Canadians...and one Mexican couple (brother and sister)...and that was pretty much all of the North American/Carribbeans I met...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
falcon269 said:
Rafael,

Only 48 pilgrims reported being from Puerto Rico in 2008, so you are part of a small band of countrymen! Have a great time.

Falcon, im also from PR and was wondering if this has increased in the last couple years. How many other Puerto Ricans have being reported, is it growing?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.