• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Greetings/Well Wishing

WriterChantal

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to Walk the Camino in July/Aug of 2016
I always hear what sounds like "Well Camino". Then I see it written Buen Camino. How do I pronouce it correctly? Also, what are other well wishing, greetings or words that are used much on the Camino?

Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Buen Camino (pronounced roughly Bwen Camino) is by far the most common one and means (have a) good way! Buen Camino ;-) SY

Chantal good to see you back again.

Hola meaning Hello is another instead of Buen Camino.

after so many caminos if sleeping in a dorm I wake up stand still then say Good Morning & buen camino to everyone on the way for my shower in German/French/English/Spanish then nod my head during the rest of the day when someone says Buen Camino .....some times your saying it countless times when a column of people walk past or leaving Sarria with many many newbies saying it first thing in the morning...it...depends if some kid comes up to me and says Buen camino I say it.

its good on your 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/ and 5th maybe 6th camino..after 10 I stopped saying it all day......your love it on your first day Chantal being your first camino.

Buen Camino ?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Another word used is Ultreya (Onward).This word I learned from another pilgrimage that I have been on.

Most read last week in this forum