• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Guide for VDLP

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I bought this guide in Guillena from a peregrina who said she had too much to carry. I loved it and used it in conjunction with the CSJ guide,Laurie's guide and my printed and translated pages from Eroski.
It has good maps and information on accommodation etc. Some of it's stages are too long but you can often shorten them. I didn't know about it when in Seville. Certainly recommend it. i walked in April/May this year.
Heather

I used it in 2011 and it was fine although there is no historical background given. Gave it to my walking buddy when I had to stop in Zamora so I am looking for a replacement for this summer. I might just use Eroski or Mundicamino sites and supplement with the lastest updates from this forum.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks for all the above responses. I think I will order the book. I intend to do the VDLP next May/June by mountain bike, so long distances between stages are not such a problem.

Most read last week in this forum