• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hærvejen, Denmark

Sunopo

Time of past OR future Camino
VdlP, Hærvejen, Mozárabe,
Rather impulsively I booked myself a ticket to Denmark to walk the Hærvejen in August but right from the top down to the German border . Something to do with re-discovering my birth country, if that makes sense 🧐 . Looks like I’ll need to camp from time to time (system of shelters) to keep costs down.
Any information from others who have walked this route would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That looks an interesting trip! I have many happy memories of cycling and hiking around various parts of rural Denmark. On one of them, I cycled right across the country from Copenhagen to Esbjerg on an old cargo bike. Apart from the little bump of Himmelbjerg in central Jutland, it's pretty flat so carrying a tent shouldn't be too much hassle, and will save you a lot of expense!

Vandrer du fra nord til syd med start i Frederikshavn? Hvorfor ikke begynde bare lidt længere nordpå i Skagen og gå hele landet rundt?

That looks an interesting trip! I have many happy memories of cycling and hiking around various parts of rural Denmark. On one of them, I cycled right across the country from Copenhagen to Esbjerg on an old cargo bike. Apart from the little bump of Himmelbjerg in central Jutland, it's pretty flat so carrying a tent shouldn't be too much hassle, and will save you a lot of expense!

Vandrer du fra nord til syd med start i Frederikshavn? Hvorfor ikke begynde bare lidt længere nordpå i Skagen og gå hele landet rundt?
Og drik du hver dag en Gammel Dansk og spis rødkål med fløde ?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Og drik du hver dag en Gammel Dansk og spis rødkål med fløde ?

Red cabbage with cream doesn't sound too good!! Or did you mean rød grød med fløde? I found that a little too sweet. And Gammel dansk? Way too bitter, it's godawful stuff. I shudder at the thought of it!

Last edited:
Ah, I just see that you are indeed starting in Skagen! I'm just a little jealous, I would like to walk in rural Denmark again one day..

Red cabbage with cream doesn't sound too good!! Perhaps you meant rød grød med fløde, I found that a little too sweet. And Gammel dansk? Way too bitter, it's godawful stuff...
I used to work (long time ago 🙃) i hele Skandinavia , selling trailers (blokvogne og tungtransporter) and learned Swedish but always was very interested in det Danske språket. 😄 Can remember rødkål with meatballs 🙂 nice country , nice people.
I can imagine the Haervejen in Jylland I drove many times from the north to the south coming from the ferry from Norway and going back home in the Netherlands

med venlige helsninger.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
:D Thank you for some interesting suggestions although I’ll give the red cabbage with cream a miss🙃. But rødgrød med fløde is delicious, red berry compote of sorts. Now debating whether I should bring my 3 season sleeping bag or my alpkit cloud cover blanket for camping, about 800 grs difference having already added 1.2 kg tent equipment to my hopefully 8 kg water included limit. August weather in Denmark can be really nice or really not so nice…

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back