• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Park Campervan near Oviedo

BobbieRensen

Time of past OR future Camino
25th of may
Hi fellow Camino walkers!

My name is Bobbie, I am currently travelling trough Spain with my girlfriend using a campervan.
We came all the way up from the Netherlands, at this point of our travel, we want to walk the Camino Primitivo. I have quite a lot of experience with hiking (New Zealand, Norway, Schotland). We are really looking forward to this walk of 14 day to Santiago the Compostela.

Question: Where can we park our campervan for the coming 15 days in Oviedo? The measurement is 5,50 by 2,3 by 3.1 (so quite high).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are oke with paying for it ofcourse. We just need a safe space for our little house on wheels!

Thanks in advance!

PS. We are aiming on leaving the 25th of may, this could be later if someone has a proper solution.

We are oke with paying for it ofcourse. We just need a safe space for our little house on wheels!

Thanks in advance!

PS. We are aiming on leaving the 25th of may, this could be later if someone has a proper solution.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
You may want to reach out to @Luka (although she's walking now so there may be delay) as I know she often drives to wherever she is starting her Camino de jour and seems familiar with car storage options.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
if you don't mind starting your camino one day farther west, you can park in the free lot outside the municipal albergue in Grado and walk on from there. Or maybe one of you can walk from Oviedo, while the other drives and parks and waits for you in Grado?
That would be a great solition! Do you know if I could leave it there for the 2 weeks safely? Is there a bus back to Oviedo for example, so that we could start from the cathedral?

I am thankfull for your help, this community is helpfull and kind.

That would be a great solition! Do you know if I could leave it there for the 2 weeks safely? Is there a bus back to Oviedo for example, so that we could start from the cathedral?

I am thankfull for your help, this community is helpfull and kind.
It's a small, friendly city, a pretty safe place. It IS a public lot, it's not guarded 24 hours, but I don't think anyone will bother your things. The buses to/from Oviedo leave from a stop right at the bottom of the hill. The friendly hospitaleros can help you with the details, and maybe even keep an eye on things.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I have to cut short my walk today to do some business so I’m going to take the train from Soto de Luiña to Novellana. It is a small town there’s no one here besides me and I don’t know...
hi all! I am heading to camino de santiago in august (doing the last 100k) and after 4 days of walking i'd love to end my trip to spain relaxing on a beach. My question is, which beach is the...
Hi Friends! Lauren here :) We are having a blast on our Camino, just reached Baiona yesterday. I need help. I’ve tried countless times to book the train from Vigo to Lisbon on June 24th and...
Hello. We are 2 people (first timers) who are hoping to begin our Camino from Sarria on Satruday 15th June. However I have been told that if you use the postal service to transfer bags from A to...
Hi. We are planning the second stage of the route from Le Puy having finished in Conques last time. I realise it isn't blessed with lots of transport options so we are trying to work out...
We will be getting a taxi at about 10:30 this Thursday (13th June) from Pamplona to St Jean if anyone wants to share?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back