• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Have I left it too late?

Behappy

Because of family committments I have had to delay my starting date until Oct 8th - starting SJPP. Will I be very limited in the number of refuges I can stay in. Do many close for the winter at this time of year. Is there anywhere I can find out which ones are open or closed. Because i am a female inexperienced walker and will be travelling on my own, I worry about the physical demands of very long hikes, if this is the case. I would be most grateful for some advice. LOve this forum, have learned so much. Already have found encouragement from all who post. many thanks to all

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Dear Behappy

I am not sure if 8 Oct is late. I will be starting my pilgrimage on 21 Oct. If yours is considered late, I shudder think of mine.

Regards
Bharat

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Be happy, Behappy!

At least, and most importantly, you'll be in numerable and -as usual- good company.
Last year, on October 2, still some 60 had started out from SJPdP, some more joined from Roncevalles onwards, and so on. The numbers go down in October, but they never drop off sharply.

We felt, at that time of the year, there are particularly nice people under way. Maybe with the numbers declining the individual spirit increases.

The weather, though, will in all likelihood include days of rain, wind and chills, but -again-, you'll bear that in great company, and that will pull you along, regardless.

K.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey behappy,

i'm starting off from SJPP on October the 10th.
i am also an inexperienced hiker and planning to mosey along to santiago on my own. we will see how we go yes?

see you on the road!
anna

Most read last week in this forum