• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Heat-wave in NE Spain/SW France

Anyone thinking of setting off across N Spain should be aware it is hot at the moment. Bilbao reached 40°C today, Burgos 36, Pamplona and Logrono 35. In France Biarritz was 37 and Cazaux (an airfield near Arcachon) 39. Afternoon walking definitely not recommended.

NW Spain though much cooler - Santiago a mere 25°.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
London is due to hit 36°C today so I'll be fairly well acclimatised!

I'm walking with a team and, last year, our schedule often saw us finishing at about 3pm but, since we're going a few weeks later this year I'll have to see if we can break camp a bit earlier (or suggest that).

Wulf

I'm leaving on Monday for SJPP and currently in Southampton it's 36 degrees. I can't imagine it being hotter than this... if so I'm not going to be walking very far!
J. :?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I see they had to close down the nuclear power station at Santa Maria de Garona (roughly north of Belorado) yesterday, as the river water became too warm to use as a coolant!

In general, though, temps in SW France are higher than in N Spain: Albi reached 39C yesterday, Toulouse 38, Burgos a mere 35.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum