• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello, I'm Kay. Starting from St Jean PdeP on 20 April.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Trish! If you feel inclined to start your walk with someone, I would like that too. I hope only to be going as far as the Refuge Orisson on 20th and, at 60, I will plod along more slowly than others, but just to set out with someone and have that first photo taken would be nice. What are your plans for Day 1? Kay

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Kay. Im staying in gite azkorria on the 19th . I don't have any firm plans for the 20th other than not to get up at silly O'clock. I do plan on taking it easy on the 1st day which is why i booked a bed at orisson . Apparently its quite a climb so i won't be trying to break any records. Where are you flying from?

I fly into Biarritz on 18th, from Australia via London, and will stay two nights at Maison Ziberoa in SJPP. Haven't had a response from Orisson yet, but if I can stay there, I thought I may not need to start walking until about 10am. Perhaps we could meet at the Camino passport office on the 19th? 3pm?

Kay. I won't get into Sjpdp until 7.30 pm. I will need an hour to find hotel and dump my bag so could meet at between 8.30/9 pm at pilgrims office ?
Trish

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Trish. Let's stay in touch this way for a few days, as i may need to start early on 20th after all. Still hopeful, but haven't heard from Orisson yet and am thinking I may have to walk to Roncesvalles on 20th. :?

Hi Trish. Success with Orisson! Can we meet on morning of 20th as I think jet lag will have me asleep by 7.30pm 19th. We could meet at The Start at say 10? (When we know the lie of the land, we may work out where our "start" is.) :D

oh that's great Kay. We could meet at the pilgrim office at 10 just in case i cant work out exactly where the start is. Im soooo excited. see you soon. x

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back