• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello, my name is David

kilgore

Time of past OR future Camino
Astorga-Santiago November 2012
Camino Aragonés & Francés November/December 2013
Hi, I am David and I live in Madrid. Last year I walked the CF from Astorga to Santiago. It was at the beginning of november and It was a wonderful experience. I plan to walk all the way from Somport to Santiago next late autumn. The majority of us, spanish people prefer the summer to do the Camino but I prefer the solitude and the beatiful autumn scenery. I like alpinism, trekking and everything related to mountaineering. I usually hike in the Madrid mountains and whenever I can, I go to the Pyrenees or to the Alps (Dolomites). But the Camino is totally different as the most of you know.
This is a really good forum and I love reading all your messages, especially those regarding the way you experience spanish culture and people.
Buen camino a todos.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I am David and I live in Madrid. Last year I walked the CF from Astorga to Santiago. It was at the beginning of november and It was a wonderful experience. I plan to walk all the way from Somport to Santiago next late autumn. The majority of us, spanish people prefer the summer to do the Camino but I prefer the solitude and the beatiful autumn scenery. I like alpinism, trekking and everything related to mountaineering. I usually hike in the Madrid mountains and whenever I can, I go to the Pyrenees or to the Alps (Dolomites). But the Camino is totally different as the most of you know.
This is a really good forum and I love reading all your messages, especially those regarding the way you experience spanish culture and people.
Buen camino a todos.
Hola David,

I'd love to run into locals to share the path with. You'd have a fair idea of prevailing weather patterns at the moment. Hazard a guess at what it might be like doing the Camino Oct - Mid November? Sorry for the silly question - but I love a locals perspective. Thanks, Welcome & Bon Camino!

Hi Consigliere,
In fact it's a bit difficult to do a guess. Last year it was really dry in Spain, even in the north. I had great weather at the beginning of november when I did the camino. It only rained two days (well, it poured down) and the rest of the time it was perfect with sunny days and not too cold at night and in the morning. But this year it's been raining a lot in the whole of Spain, with a very snowy winter and a very rainy spring. There have been many storms in the Pyrenees this summer but not so many in Galicia and Castilla. So, if this trend carries on we can expect a rainy autumn, but who knows. The temperatures, except in some cold places like Roncesvalles or Burgos and LeĂłn, are not usually very low in that period and even you might find yourself walking only with a t-shirt. But you might have some surprise too and you could find some snow in O'Cebreiro. As it has been discussed in other threads the rucksack will be heavier than the one in summer but the autumn colours of El Bierzo in LeĂłn or the solitude and quietness you will find, will make it lighter.
Some web pages for the weather in Spain
www.aemet.es
http://www.caminodesantiagotiempo.com/caminofrances/index.htm
Buen camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Consigliere,
In fact it's a bit difficult to do a guess. Last year it was really dry in Spain, even in the north. I had great weather at the beginning of november when I did the camino. It only rained two days (well, it poured down) and the rest of the time it was perfect with sunny days and not too cold at night and in the morning. But this year it's been raining a lot in the whole of Spain, with a very snowy winter and a very rainy spring. There have been many storms in the Pyrenees this summer but not so many in Galicia and Castilla. So, if this trend carries on we can expect a rainy autumn, but who knows. The temperatures, except in some cold places like Roncesvalles or Burgos and LeĂłn, are not usually very low in that period and even you might find yourself walking only with a t-shirt. But you might have some surprise too and you could find some snow in O'Cebreiro. As it has been discussed in other threads the rucksack will be heavier than the one in summer but the autumn colours of El Bierzo in LeĂłn or the solitude and quietness you will find, will make it lighter.
Some web pages for the weather in Spain
www.aemet.es
http://www.caminodesantiagotiempo.com/caminofrances/index.htm
Buen camino
Thanks Kilgore,
I appreciate the comprehensive response. Sounds like I might get a reasonable mix of weather - and a little better (perhaps) than expected.

Best wishes,
James

Hi, Im an American who lives in Bilbo in Euskal Herria - the land of the Basque. Im a regular hiker not only in the area where I live but all over Spain & sometimes abroad.
My wife & I have walked the Camino 3 times - the French, the Portuguese of the coast & the Sanabres. But for the last 2 years we have not been able
to walk the Camino Ingles. Hopefully next summer we shall, ( we both miss the Camino).
Buen Camino

Hello Mendiwalker
You are lucky to live in a very nice region. And you have the Pyrenees very near, which is great. I hope you'll have a wonderful time next summer doing the camino inglés.
Buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Kilgore

Thanks. I know, I usually say I live in "Paradise" ( at least it´s for me). I hope we´ll be able to.
I see you live in Madrid, nice mountains there as well.
Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back