• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Help ! How to travel from Conques to Leon (Spain)?

keentowalk

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk (2014)
Hi everyone
I am just trying to plan my Camino trip and would love to do the Le Puy to Conques route. My dilemma is how to travel from Conques to Leon (Spain) to do another leg of the route to Santiago. I can't seem to find a way to get from Conques to Leon?? Would anyone have an idea of how I might travel this way?
Many thanks Gill

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Yep, falcon has got it all there. Getting out of Conques by public transport is a bit of a mission, and how you do it depends on whether it is a week day/school day or not. I left Conques this year on a school day, and was able to leave Conques early morning on the school bus for Rodez, then I took another bus on to Montauban, then a train to Moissac. There was an option to take a reduced-price taxi (I think it was about 15 Euro) to Saint-Christophe Vallon to join the train to Paris.

Your route won't be straightforward, but it will be possible. If you get out to Rodez, or Saint Christophe, you can get trains to places like Paris or Toulouse, then maybe you could get a cheap flight to Spain. Or else from Toulouse you could perhaps get a long distance bus- on certain days- or a train combo to get to Spain.
Margaret

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wow...thank you so much. I nearly gave up before I even started. Many,many thanks for giving me your time and providing such useful information.

I nearly gave up before I even started
That can be a feeling on any given day on the camino! Just "gut it out" for a few minutes, and the feeling usually passes. Bon chemin!

Just curious.........do you consider the trail from Conques to Leon somehow less worthy than the rest of the route? Given the choice of either the trail you are taking vs the trail you are missing, I would have a hard time choosing.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No, I don't know a lot about the trail, I'm just starting to get an idea, but from what I here the Le Puy to Conques is one of the most beautiful routes in France. And of course my trip is determined by the time I have available to me. I am going to do the Le Puy to Conques, then travel to Leon in Spain and travel a little further on before doing the last 100kms to Santiago. Then I'm travelling to Portugal. It's all about time, I wish I did have time to do the whole thing, but I'm happy to do it little by little.

Most read last week in this forum