• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel SJPP to Madrid

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Do you want to go from Madrid to SJPDP or do you want to go the other way? As @Tincatinker said you can take a bus and then either a train, bus, or fly to Madrid.

The other way around is also similar. You can fly, bus, or take the train to Pamplona and then either take a cab or taxi to SJPDP.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The OP is walking Le Puy en Velay and has asked previously about possible routes home to Boston Mass. I guess from StJ travelling to Madrid makes as much sense as rebounding to Paris. And they'll get to see some of Spain :)
I once used some spare days on an Interrail pass after visiting northern Sweden to travel to Bidarray, walk the 20km to SJPDP, then headed on south to Barcelona and flew home from there. Might not have been obvious to anyone else but it made sense to me at the time. :cool:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Another option is go back to Biarritz and fly to Madrid. Looks like 3 flights a day. Express Bouricott might take you or you could take the train to Bayonne and bus to the Biarritz airport.

Appreciate the help, we are trying do this in one day, which is the challenge.
Yup. You ought to be able to make StJ to Madrid in one day but looking at times for next week you’ll be into Madrid late evening. If your flights already booked I’d suggest you start a day sooner. If not, find an hotel in Madrid with an 24hr check in.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I will look into your suggestion. This may work out due to 3 flights a day into Madrid
Thank you,

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Yup. You ought to be able to make StJ to Madrid in one day but looking at times for next week you’ll be into Madrid late evening. If your flights already booked I’d suggest you start a day sooner. If not, find an hotel in Madrid with an 24hr check in.
Appreciate your post, definitely might need 2 days to get to Madrid because of a 1:30 pm flight.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back