• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Help - Walking Boots

Frank66

Time of past OR future Camino
May/June 2016 Camino Frances
September (2017) First stage of Camino Portugués
Around 5 months ago I purchased some Brasher Hillmaster GTX walking boots. I have been carefully wearing these in, ready for my Camino , which starts on May 3rd.
The rivet holding one of the lace rings has pulled through the leather (!). I am now panicking has I don't have time to wear- in any replacements. Is this fixable? Any advice gratefully recieved.

Frank

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
You could try a shoemaker or shoe repair shop if there are any in your area. There are still some operating here and they are very good for most repairs.
Not sure if I would walk with questionable footwear. Seek a pair that will need less breaking in. Take it from a postman!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If they can be repaired properly there is no reason not to use them, breaking in new boots on a walk is not recommended.

If they can be repaired properly there is no reason not to use them, breaking in new boots on a walk is not recommended.
In my experience this footwear has be compromised! That's all I have to say on this issue. Cheers!!

Most read last week in this forum