• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help with accomodatios

Katia Taam

Time of past OR future Camino
Every year, since 2000. Most times portuguese camino also twice the french camiño. Two time Le Puy .
Hi there

I´m sarting my camiño from Le Puy next april 3. I've done my homework and found a lot of recomendations on this invaluable forum. However as the stops don´t coincide to everyone I still have a lot of doubts. I do need to call ahead cause I have a serious shoulder problem that prevents me from carying my backpack so I have to use bagage transportation.
These are the spots I don´t have any gite reference and as the school vacations - vacances de Paqûes - are from april 9 to 25 it´s important that I call them some time ahead. It's scary just to look at miam miam and choose without any reference :-(
Saint Alban
Esperyac
Béduer
Carjac
Limoge
Labastide
Montcug

If some of you hapened to stay in some of these places please help me here...
Thanks a lot
Katia

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Katia the usual baggage transport companies do not need to know ahead of time where you are staying each night - as long as they know the day before where to collect your pack. Each day you tie an envelope label on your pack with instructions for the next drop off, and cash payment for that leg. The companies are very well organised and supply the labels. During the season they run up and down the Chemin picking up and dropping off at multiple places. So no need to book everything now, unless you particularly want to. The normal thing in France is to book a day or a few days in advance - depending on the demand for accommodation (weekends and holidays are busiest). You can ask your host to recommend accommodation for the next night or the next few nights and often will phone ahead for you. I have also found other pilgrims very willing to help with booking (I dont speak French - although I always try!)

Hi Katia. I just Google the names of places in the Miam and most of the time there is a website with pics which gives you a good idea. Regards Gitti

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Katia the usual baggage transport companies do not need to know ahead of time where you are staying each night - as long as they know the day before where to collect your pack.

Yes Kanga, but as there are school vacations I´d like to go with at least a week ahead already booked...
We have learned some french and Ithink it is ok for booking a room :)

Thanks
Katia

Yes, holidays can be crowded. We booked ahead when we were a party of six.

I don't have my current MMDD yet, but I can recommend

past Labastide at L'hospitalet, the farm called Trigodina - not everyone loves this place but I did. The owner supplies food and the group cooks (simple things of course) and it was fun, great yard, and because he overbooked I had a tent all to myself! Songs around the piano.

Cajarc - le Pèlerin is first rate, you'll dine in the town with good options

Montcuq - de Lestos, out of town a bit, lovely spot along a little stream, converted stables, fine social space too

More generally, you really are pretty safe just choosing based on gut feeling without a reference. I've done this route twice and sure I remember a place or two that were not places I'd choose again, but nothing I'd walk too far to avoid either.

Bill

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi there

I´m sarting my camiño from Le Puy next april 3. I've done my homework and found a lot of recomendations on this invaluable forum. However as the stops don´t coincide to everyone I still have a lot of doubts. I do need to call ahead cause I have a serious shoulder problem that prevents me from carying my backpack so I have to use bagage transportation.
These are the spots I don´t have any gite reference and as the school vacations - vacances de Paqûes - are from april 9 to 25 it´s important that I call them some time ahead. It's scary just to look at miam miam and choose without any reference :-(
Saint Alban
Esperyac
Béduer
Carjac
Limoge
Labastide
Montcug

If some of you hapened to stay in some of these places please help me here...
Thanks a lot
Katia

I only seek english speaking accommodation "when possible" thus these recommendations;
1/
Saint Alban........never stayed here but the following was highly recommended
Chambres d'hotes Sur le Chemin - Lou Carreirou
25e/single marich48@orange.fr.
Look up on google for assessment.
2/
Esperyac
Nothing better than Hotel de la Ville , Hotel de Champagne , big website , very good , 40e
3/
Never stayed in Beduer instead Mas de la Croix , 1km short.
Lovely Chambres owned by Jeanne and Christian Germier.
lot.germier@gmail.com 06 88 21 13 00 / 05 65 11 40 86
Walk back 200m to Rest/Grille Le Bar de l'Ete for dinner....lovely setting in home and rest.

Cajarc ....as per Billy Mc previously

4/
Limogne en -Quercy
**Book into this place a few days ahead as it fills quickly.
Good town to stop.
Gite la maison en Chemin , 13 places in 6 chambres.
la.maison.en.chemin@gr65@orange.fr
05 65 23 24 41 / 06 77 57 83 64

We bypassed Montcug a few km before town which made the walk to Lauzerte a fraction easier.

**** You will stay with Michel and Bernardette in Lauzerte . The very best of people.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Kanga, Gitti, Bill, Thornley...
Back to planning :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone! Well.. one week from today will begin my walk across France and Spain. I see a number of posts regarding a wave of walkers and room accommodation limitations. I am one who is...
Hi. Here's a problem to which I can't find a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received! Last October I walked from Le Puy to Conques, but had to return home due to a family crisis. I'm very...
hallo. We have been using La Malle Postale to transfer our luggage each night from Le Puy en Velay. We have bad backs. They have been a great company and very reliable. Unfortunately we have just...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back