• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Help with Spanish Sim card

Walking Pilgrims

Time of past OR future Camino
Can anyone tell me if I can get a simcard in Paris for the Spanish section. Also a portable wifi unit. Where English is understood would really help to. Thank you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Are you leaving from SJPP?
If yes, you really don't need a French SIM since you'll only be there 1 day.
Lots of people have phones.
But no, I think you'll need to get your SIM in the country where you are walking.
I love VODAFONE.
I get a SIM for my iPhone for under 20 euros.
You don't need a "portable wifi unit?" I'm not even sure what that is?
There is wifi all along the Camino - free wifi

If you want to get a SIM, get it in Spain. Pamplona is the first city where you'd be able to pick one up. I'd skip the MIFI unit.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There is almost always someone in a Vodafone store who speaks English, so find that clerk. There is no literature or instructions in English, however, so you have to fly a bit blind after you buy the SIM. You will begin to get test messages from Vodafone, all in Spanish. Most are advertising. Ask a fellow pilgrim who speaks Spanish to translate them for you. I have never received one that was time critical!!

There is no literature or instructions in English, however, so you have to fly a bit blind after you buy the SIM.

My advice would be to let the SIM card seller install the new SIM card and show you that everything is working (voice calling and cellular data connection to internet) before you leave the store. Write your local phone number on a piece of tape stuck to the phone so you won't forget it. My experience is that the provider sales staff are usually very helpful.

Thank you. I bought a sim in sjpdp. So all good.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum