• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hendaye to Bilbao - March 2016 - An itinerary - In case it's useful...

Ed t

Time of past OR future Camino
French, portugese, vdlp
My wife and I have just got back from walking from Hendaye to Bilbao in 7.5 days.

I thought our itinerary *might* be of interest. We tended to stay between the accepted stages - ie go a few km beyond the big towns.

So...

Day 1 - Flight to Bilbao, Bus to SS, Train to Hendaye, Walk to Santuario de Guadalupe (Capitan Tximista)
Day 2 - Walk to San Sebastian (appartment)
Day 3 - Walk to Orio (Albergue de peregrinos San Martin)
Day 4 - Walk to Zumaia (Hotel)
Day 5 - Walk to Calvario (Albergue Izarbide)
Day 6 - Walk to Monasterio de Zenarruza (stayed in monastery)
Day 7 - Walk to Eskerika (Albergue Eskerika)
Day 8 - Walk to Bilbao

Had a great time. Any questions, fire away.

Ed.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Ed, could you give me your thoughts/opinions on staying at the Monastary? We have just completed our 1st day on the Norte, in SS right now and are interested in staying there. Do we need to call ahead to make sure there is room? Can we have a dinner and/or breakfast there or close by? Thanks and appreciate your comments.

Up to Zumaia would be great Ed ,
Did you stay in Convent?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum