• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi All, first Camino planned Sept. 2013

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Hi Everyone,
Just like to introduce myself...my name is Aidan and I'm from Ireland. Plans to do my first Camino journey in September. I'm really looking forward to it so much. Hope to meet wonderful and interesting people along the Way. :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Preparing for your first camino is an incredible adventure. Read up, break in your shoes, test your pack and then, just enjoy the ride. Maybe I'll see you there as I should rejoin the Camino frances at Puente La Reina around September 15.

September will be a wonderful month to walk the Camino.
Ripe grapes in the vineyards, the crowds of summer gone home, although you will not be alone.
Glorious hot days, and cool evenings.

You will have the best trip of your life.
Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Aidan ,

My friend and I started our Camino late September into October last year via Frances and there were still many pilgrims on the route. We had an amazing time experiencing the Camino through the people we met, the camaraderie's you build, the beauty of a country most people don't get to see. Make sure you have good comfortable broken in shoes,a light jacket for the cool nights, and the normal stuff... Just remember to pack light. You'll be surprised what people leave behind at the Albergue in Roncesvalles (our first night stop from St.Jean...).

As a part time pilgrim we are schedule to go back this September starting from Estella. Maybe we'll see you then. We cant wait... :)

Buen Camino,

Thank you all so much for your kind words and advice. I am looking forward to it more and more each day, got my boots and wearing them in on some country walks and have a rucksack sorted too. Leaving Dublin on 18sept and staying in L'esprit du Chemin hostel in SJPDP. Begin the walk on 19th. This forum is great for info, help and advice...thank you all!
Buen Camino :D

Aidan

We fly from BC, Canada and head out from SJPDP on the 17th of September. Can't wait!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Canucks said:
We fly from BC, Canada and head out from SJPDP on the 17th of September. Can't wait!
Great!! Hopefully see you on the journey! :D

My wife and I are doing are our first El Camino starting out on august 26th from SJDP. We're hoping to do it in 27 days. Perhaps we'll see you along the way.
Ian

Ibirnie said:
My wife and I are doing are our first El Camino starting out on august 26th from SJDP. We're hoping to do it in 27 days. Perhaps we'll see you along the way.
Ian

Hi Ian....Brilliant, best of luck to both of you! 27 days would be great going!! I don't start until Sept. 19th so ye are going to be way ahead!

Buen Camino,
Aidan

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.