• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi fellow pilgrims

sheiladev

Hello just a quickie intro. I am Sheila 67 yrs plan to walk Camino Frances after Easter next year. Have walked before but only from Leon. Just wondering if anyone else planning to start from Pamplona?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I prefer starting in Pamplona. Instead of a killer first day, you get to build up a bit, though up to the Alto del Perdon, and then down, will give you a workout!

Buen Camino!

Hello Sheila,
Having walked from Leon, you know what pilgrimage is about.

One of the first big questions pilgrims ask upon meeting each other is " Where did you begin? How was your first day on the route Napoleon from St. Jean Pied du Port?" Everyone compares horror stories, and believes they achieved the impossible that day. It is a great topic of conversation.

That said, I began in SJPP on April 8, and because snow was forecast, I took the recommended route through Valcarlos so I cannot proudly shout "I conquered the route Napoleon".

You know your fitness level, and your inner strength, so the decision is yours.

There is no "Official" starting place, and Pamplona is very convenient to get to by bus and train.

Whatever transpires, enjoy your journey.
And have the trip of your lifetime.
Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi!
We just might meet.
Two of my boys (aged 11 and 13 by then) and I are planning on leaving Pamplona just after Easter - but heading up to Bayonne on the Baztan route. We will then head to St Jean and walk to Pamplona again, where we will meet my two youngest daughters and husband and head towards Leon (then up to Oviedo and back down to Santiago as we have already walked the Frances from Astorga and were keen to try a different route)

Actually, we'll be leaving New Zealand just after Easter, so by the time we get to Pamplona, you may be long gone! If not, you'll see the forum badge on my pack and make sure to say HI!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back