• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi I need advise please

nic1

Time of past OR future Camino
The silver route
My name is Nic and I am trying to decide on what Camino to do for the first time and would be grateful for any advise. I am travelling alone am female and can speak very little Spanish. I would like to meet people on my walk but I do not want to get stressed with the over crowdness of the Camino Frances and on the other hand I do not want to be walking for days alone and not talking to anyone. I do feel that the Camino Frances sounds more safer for a lone traveller and maybe not as much distance to cover until your next accommodation compared to the VDLP. I will be travelling from Jun-Aug so I have plenty of time to relax. I would love to go to Seville and think that I have more interest in that region of Spain than the other. please HELP

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
nic1 said:
I do feel that the Camino Frances sounds more safer for a lone traveller and maybe not as much distance to cover until your next accommodation compared to the VDLP. I will be travelling from Jun-Aug so I have plenty of time to relax. I would love to go to Seville and think that I have more interest in that region of Spain than the other.
During your intended period of the year you'll have no lack of meeting other pilgrims on the VDLP. The weather is likely to be hot, and distances between albergues are requiring walking fitness. Check previous experiences on this Forum and Camino websites.
Seville is worth staying a night or two. Use a day for a return bus ticket to Cordoba if you have time. :)

A bit of advise for your intended months of travel. Sevilla and most of the south of Spain is very hot during the summer months. You would probably not start to get cooler weather until you get to Galicia, towards the end of the trip. If you tolerate heat well then this would be ideal. I live and Texas and I am no stranger to hot weather but when I think of six hours, plus or minus, walking under a blazing sun for thirty days or so I wilt. We will be doing El Camino del Norte and connecting to Santiago via El Camino Primitivo. I lived for many years in Gijon, Asturias and have travelled throughout Spain. I love all of Spain but, IMHO, the north and south are like two different worlds. In summary, if you can handle the heat, El Camino de la Plata, from Sevilla to Santiago should fit the bill. If a less crowded way is your preference El Norte will be ideal. Buen Camino y buena suerte.:smile:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi

Thanks everyone for your advise. I am going to do the Camino frances for my first walk I think this would be best especially with the heat and going solo :D All I need to do now is get organised , I was going to buy a windstopper (although I do have pleanty of fleeces) and a light waterproof jkt I would be grateful if anyone has any advise? I will be going June-July. Thanks

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back